Despite the best of intentions

I had intended to post earlier on today, unfortunately I have been unwell again and have spent most of the day resting up and sleeping and not being very happy about the situation at all.  Bah humbug I don't make a very good patient at the best of times.  I do feel a lot brighter this evening than I did do which I am relieved about.  I had another acidosis attack this time brought on by cucumber.  We had had Peking duck pancakes for tea as I wanted something tasty to eat but not a lot of it.  I really enjoyed it but the cucumber created another do so I guess I shall not be eating cucumber again in a hurry.

I would just like to say thank you for all your lovely comments over the recent days it is very much appreciated.  OH is a bit more with it - still hurting but that is only natural but he also seems to have another cold starting.  He also says thank you for all the lovely supportive thoughts and comments - as he put it such kindness.


I have taken today for myself to recuperate and just rest up but tomorrow I will have to get stuck in and get on with things.  I have a luncheon appointment with a friend so I really need to get a lot sorted first thing in the morning otherwise I will end up stopping OH something that he needs to do.

I was starting to get into Christmas but at the minute feel a little bit like a wet dish rag - you cannot replace people but my sister in law very much believed in living life to the full and I think she would have reacted just the same.  Far too soon.  She and her partner had not long retired and were enjoying life going here there and everywhere and to make matters worse she was due to be married a week this Friday to her long term partner and as you can imagine he is absolutely devastated.

Because life is so very precious can I ask you to tell your loved ones that you love them if you go out of the house on your own or with others for any length of time, before you leave.  Our here and now is our reality and tomorrow is not promised. No regrets.

Catch up sometime tomorrow.

Take care

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. (((Hugs))) Not a good time for you both at the moment. I hope that your health problems take a back seat, but I am sure that the stress and shock of your s-in-l's death haven't helped.

    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts