Fair and Bright

I have woken up to a fair and bright morning where the sun is trying to peep out and make the day a little warmer than what it would otherwise be.  

I was shattered last night so did nothing at all and so took the time out.  So today I have to play catch up on doing those chores I had planned to do last night and I am just about to go and attack them and so I expect to be kitchen bound for the best part of the day. I expect  a late night as a result. OH is at work and will be home shortly and no doubt there will be something that he will want to do that will put my regime out.  You have to be very adaptable in this household.

I found some further bits last night including my Christmas pyjamas from last year which I thought I had inadvertently sent to the Charity shop.  However I do have new for this year.  I am glad I found them as they are a beautiful red tartan with a gold stripe through them and they are nice and warm and a favourite pair.

I have also found a kit I could not remember buying (a Pansy panel) and also a cross stitch chart one of the seasonal ladies this one is Spring).  Hopefully at the end of all of this I am going to have like for like all stored together so that I can lay my hands on everything when I want something.  The main thing for me though will be I will be organised and will be able to work methodically through things which I prefer to do. I have a box for my UFOs and they are quickly adding up but having in them in there will direct my focus and mean that I can work through them and get them out of the way with and made up into their final pieces.  There are of course the new bits and bobs as well especially where my sewing and embroidery machines are concerned which I am very much looking forward to.  I have also found my three needlework boxes and will be sorting them out to store all my basic things like embroidery needles, quilting needles and general hab dab. One of the boxes needs recovering though and although I do not have the floral fabric that the other boxes are covered in I do have a bright pink fabric which will tone in nicely.  

I am itching to get crafting at the moment but I am going to have to have more patience for the time being.

I have woken up this morning and my chest is a little tight and so I am hoping that it will settle down during the day.

Right I had better get a wriggle on.

Catch up later on.

Pattypan

Comments

  1. I'm afraid I don't work in the evening, let alone the night! I am usually up early and work hard through the day, and then the evening is time to rest and do something for myself. However, my list of fings to do before Christmas is at least shortening now and I don't feel so besieged.

    I do hope you're not coming down with a cold.

    I am planning to finally get rid of the little-used bunk beds in what is my sewing room and perhaps move the long kitchen table up there, and put the smaller one in the kitchen. We have 3 BIG tables at the moment, and one or more need to go to auction before we move, along with a few other very big pieces of furniture which we will probably not have room for when we downsize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi BB, I very rarely get a sit down and if I do I usually end up covered in cats. We will not do badly this Christmas it is just not as had been planned and a lot of things have been put on hold as a result. Next year however things are going to be extremely different as I like to have everything in place and ticked off. I shall start in January again with the making of stuff through the year. I think the most frustrating thing here is that this house really is not big enough to entertain so may well have to look into changing abodes for next year. Chest has settled but it did disconcert me first thing this morning as it would mean a trip to the Doctors. It will be lovely for you to have your own sewing space with plenty of room to spread. Right pork pie break over better get a wriggle on. Catch you later. Pattypan xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts