I am about

Just up to my ears as usual!  The little bit of baking I did last night went well and I have an old fashioned Parkin to make later on.  Have not had that in ages.  As I was beating away using arm power to do the baking last night I thought to myself I know a lot on the baking front and my stepdaughter although she is not really keen on cooking per se is doing more and more of her own stuff to save the pennies more than anything else and her youngest child only likes mummy's cooking.  So if she wants I will teach her what I know so that she can put it into use cooking for her own family.  She has always been a foodie and loves her grub so I am hoping that if she is given the know how the love etc. will follow.  She was taught when she was younger by myself and she was not too bad a cook.  However there have been a lot of years inbetween where she did not bother.  I think having a daughter instead of sons has made a difference to her.  We will see what happens.

One of the plus things about Christmas this year is that I am getting time to play and cook like I have wanted to in the past.  However next year's preparations will be orchestrated differently as there is a huge swathe of stuff that I have not been able to get to for practical reasons more than anything else but if they are planned then that will bring in a whole different element and put a different complexion on matters.  I am very grateful for what I have and I am very lucky and at the end of the day you do what you can do.  I am a happy bunny as long as I have my food.  However on the creative side I have been deeply disappointed as I had all sorts sorted to do.  That is going to be put right though as next year's Christmas starts this year as we speak and those projects that were for this year will be made up and be in place for next year.  

We have just had a very civilised anti-pasti of cold cut salami, prosciutto, saucisson sec, Provolone, cheeses and OH olives and something called Habas Fritas (Broad Bean nibbles) which are extremely tasty.  I am going to look further into these as I do like them.

Right I had better get on still loads to do.  Catch you later on.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts