I have not left the country

Promise.  Just that the bathroom is taking a lot longer to control than first anticipated.  After the leak in the radiator and having to have the radiator replaced we are now trying to bring the bathroom up to scratch.  It is not pain free and the plaster is not really in good repair but the time is being spent on filling the cracks literally in the ceiling and in the walls.  I am resigning myself to the fact that hopefully all the extra effort will make the finish a lot better than it otherwise would be.  Once all the filling is done the damp paint will be going on and after that is dried the new fresh paint. Will be a couple of days before that goes on.  Needless to say that the hands hurt with all the manipulation of the plaster repair filler I have - not helped by the fact that they are painful anyway.  Once done it will be a job well done and will tidy things up a tad.

I am of course multi-tasking doing other stuff in between as well as loads of washing, drying, washing stuff up that needs refreshing etc. etc.  Fortunately OHs clothes are all ready for tomorrow so that is one less thing to think about.

Hopefully if I can find the cooker we will be having a piece of roast pork for dinner.  In the run up to Christmas I always cook a piece of pork or two for the pork dripping so that my Christmas Day roast potatoes are yummy.  I add a couple of packs of lard to a large piece of pork in the bottom of the pan and let it cook.  All the meat juices from the pork then run into the lard.  I just then drain it off and pop it into some small glass jars put a lid on and then leave in the fridge until ready to use.  So that will be my fat for the Christmas Roasties.  You can do the same with Goose and with Duck.  I also love Goose fat for the roasties but do not have any at the moment so I think because of the price recently I will be using my pork dripping.  So that will be another thing off the Christmas check list.

Right back to work I go to work my poor little digits to the bone.

Catch you shortly.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Lots of work but worth it in the end.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, am having a few minutes tea break before I go down to start again and cook Sunday lunch. We have that of an evening so that we can get the most out of the day. The bathroom is already starting to look better than it did but still early days. At least the radiator has been replaced and we have heat again. Take care Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts