My Dad's old Chess Board

Was found yesterday with only some of the chess pieces I have an idea where the rest are but I took a good look at the board.  What I had not realised is that it is literally made out of an old soap crate lid and has Lifebouy Soap logo imprinted in red and green on the back.  The reason I looked at the chessboard was that the top of the board is a little jaded and I wondered if it could be cleaned up.  It could do with it but I am concerned about losing the integrity of the piece and would not want to spoil it. What do you think.




Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

P.S. On checking it carefully the checkerboard would appear to be a fine card which I think if it got wet at all would wreck it.

Comments

  1. I think if you gave it a gentle polish with some clear wax it would feed the wood and enhance it. Happy memories for you. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts