Plans for today Monday 17 December 2018

It is perishingly cold here in Peterborough and the heating is on.  Fortunately OH popped it on when he got up to walk her ladyship.

To start with I need to strip the bathroom out and also the washing to be done and the ironing pile.  Needs all washing out and sorted to get out of the way.  We have a rule that there is no dirty washing in the house over the Christmas period at all apart from what is made. As I have a little bit of a backlog with stuff that needs freshening up due to me sorting things out I have in effect created on top of everything else a rod for my own back but at least it will be clean. Once that is done.  I am going into the kitchen which looks like a bomb has hit it.  Dishwasher will then be put into operation.  However cannot have Dishwasher, washing machine and tumbler all on at same time.  Overloads the system so I can only ever have two of the three on at any one time.  

In fairness operation dishwasher started last night.  As did sorting the washing etc. but only part way through it as we speak.  The general plan is to working through downstairs i.e. loo and bathroom, kitchen, dining room and then the bedroom and then the lounge.  Going to be a few late nights this week by the look of things.

However to simplify things I am starting with the loo and bathroom in getting it clean first.  The washing and ironing will happen.  These days I tend to hang stuff straight on to coat hangers after being in the dryer to "air".  If it needs ironing it gets one but otherwise it goes into the wardrobes or it will do as they are thinned out and I finish off in the bedroom.  I have two sets of chests of drawers to get into the bedroom (stacked one on top of the other).  They are currently in the back bedroom full of other bits and bobs but my jumpers are going to go in there to save on coat-hanger space.  So at some point during the day I will be manhandling them into position.  Sorting out the items taken out into new storage and then organising my jumpers.

So thus far these are my jobs for today.  I hope I am as productive as I was the other day.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. It will be all systems go here as well, the house is clean but there is something about a good go through before Christmas. It just feels as though there is an extra gleam about the place. Like you there will be no back log of laundry, the last bits will be done on Christmas Eve and that will be it for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my Nan and my mum's way that I try to abide by plus its nice when everything is clean and tickety boo. We always do our baking Christmas Eve as well - my mum's family. I am still on the man cave and it is getting there. Been lots of washing of bits and lots of tiddly bits to sort as well. My craft desk now has both machines on and I have found a box for the accessories for each. So very slowly I am starting to get things organised and maybe I will get to play as well. Am desperate for that at the minute.Take care. Pattypan x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts