Walking

I went off into town today on shank's pony in order to get the eldest grandchild a birthday card.  He is 18 years of age on the 13th.  Does not seem like five minutes ago since he was born.

As always when I walk I think and put things into perspective.  Quite frequently I talk to myself or sing to myself as I am going along and ultimately trying to remember to shut up if I pass anyone.  I am not a singer at the best of times. Sound more like a wailing banshee if truth be told.  If I talk to myself then  I am not going to get any answering back and it helps me sort out the chaff from the wheat.

Card acquired I then made my way back through the shops specifically M & S and John Lewis.  Rowan have a new jumper out I think it is called Ruby made of classic Kid Silk which is knitted in a Fair Isle pattern.  I am totally smitten with this.  The pattern book is £12.50 the wool roughly £8 a ball - it will cost about £100 to make.  Not sure I can qualify that at the moment but it is lovely.  Might just get the pattern book in any event.  It seems as though it is simple stitches.




Thanks to Pam she has given me a link to Drops Yarns where they do their own version of Kid silk at a very good price Kid Silk.


 One of the plus points at this moment in time is slowly seeing the Christmas decorations going up house by house.  Mostly it is the houses with children that go up first but not always.  My neighbour over the road has a large four bedroom detached house (he is the son of an old fishing friend of OH) who moved in after we did.  Small world.  He has a big square bay window on the front of the house and yesterday the Christmas tree appeared in the window.  No decorations but it is a real one and has nice proportions and nicely spaced between the branches.  Today the lights have gone on and I must say they have spaced them nicely.  I am looking forward to when his decorations go on it should look splendid.

A few years ago I went on a beading course to make a decorated glass bauble for the tree.  I got one done and have been fighting to get to the others ever since.  I think they really have to go on the list of to dos for next year as I would like to get them all sorted and finished.  I even have a pattern for a mistletoe garland to make all out of beads as well.  I do need absolute quiet and concentration when I bead though so I am hoping to make that time in the coming New Year and get them completed one by one.

Right had better get a wriggle on have some stuff to do before tomorrow.

Catch you all soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Try looking at Drops yarns, they do a kid silk mohair and it is a really good price. I am aiming to hold some together with 4 ply for a pattern next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pam will check that out as I really do love this jumper/tunic. Look forward to seeing yours next year. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts