A little more preparation


After coming home, I then went with OH to walk Missy for her evening exercise. It was bitterly cold and I lost the circulation in my fingers again. Fortunately the house is nice and warm and is toasty but it needed to be as I really had gone cold on the inside.

On the way back we nipped to the shop as I was not sure what to do for tea.  We decided we were going to do a home made curry OH Butter Chicken and myself Jalfrezi.  Cheats version with premade sauces but it has still gone down extremely well served with plain yogurt and Naan bread.  Now completely stuffed.

We have steak pie for tomorrow evening and OH will be having cherry pie for pudding and myself treacle pudding both of them served with custard.



I was a bit down after not being able to play yesterday with my crafting but I did not leave it there.  Last night instead of doing some more cross stitch on my UFO I set too and stripped another four men's shirts down ready for use in a patchwork quilt or two.  They were mainly reds or pinky reds last night with some tartan in as well.  The colourways in these shirts will predominantly lend themselves to Christmas style quilts because they have this wonderful vintage paler look rather than being right in your face.  So yesterday finished on a positive turn and a little more work has taken place on the preparation front.


Today after getting back from being with my friend I have set too and started to cut out some of the Dresden Fan templates as I aim to be able to start stitching these together when I have my play day.  It is necessary preparation work and I want to be able to make at least a couple of batches up and get them out of the way with.  There is a dual purpose to this.  I need the bunting to decorate my dressers at home, but there is also an event that I will be involved with that will require some bunting.  I will also need to make some Christmas bunting for later on in the year not just for the house but also for another event.

I also have to cut out some backing material for the bunting I have to make up. In fairness I bought a couple of pre-prepared kits and there is no need for the backing I just feel it will give the bunting more substance if it is backed up properly and keep better as the edges will be finished off.  I have some pre-washed calico I intend to use for this purpose.  Yet again necessary preparation work.


At the moment I am centring on the crafting day being mainly based on the sewing machine as there is quite a lot of work that needs doing in relation to this.  So any necessary preparation work I hope to get done and out the way with prior to the actual crafting day.  That way on hopefully I will be able to maximise the time available.

As I have said before patchwork is going to play a big part in this and I shall also break this down into breakable projects that can be done a little at a time, gradually building up to a finished piece.  That way round I will also learn my way around the whole process.

I also have some pre-printed Christmas items to make up, Christmas stockings, wall/table wreaths, table mats etc to make up.  There is a lot to do so I do need to get myself organised.

Right had better start getting ready for tomorrow.  Need to make up OH's packup and get it into the fridge.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

xx



Comments

Popular Posts