A lovely day

Has been spent with my friend today. Instead of meeting in town for coffee and a piece of cake today she came and picked me up from home and then took me back to her home.  She lives just down the road from where my mum used to live and where I grew up.  I had lunch and a piece of cake and then we hit the local antiques centre for a browse.  We had a lovely time looking at all the different stores within the centre.  She likes going to auctions and also to vintage shops herself.  What I have been aspiring to and what she has been doing are very much the same thing except she has been collecting the individual furniture pieces over the years whereas I do not have the room to do that at the moment. However I have been collecting the smaller things.   We were both bouncing off each other and really had a good time.

Although I did not buy anything today at the antiques centre I did see several pieces which I was quite interested in, including a brass oil lamp base but it had no globe, some stone storage containers, some lovely linen pieces, some china - all of which would go with stuff already collected.  As I said to my friend if some of the pieces are still there when we go again then if I have the money I am meant to have it!

We have another couple of trips planned for the coming weeks including a trip to a local Antiques Fayre in March.  Apparently I will need all day for this.

Its nice to have someone so interested in vintage pieces as much as I am.

I was however naughty as before going out with my friend I did pick up a matching set of crystal vases for £3 the pair from the local charity shop. 







They are cut glass crystal and there is not a chip in either of them.  Will look quite pretty as part of a dining table centre piece.

Right am off to potter.  Hopefully catch up a little later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts