Collections

One of the things that I collect is meat platters of different sizes and patterns.  I have found over the years that you cannot have too many especially of the medium sized ones especially if you are having a home catered family party.  I suppose really this was where I started collecting interesting bits and bobs for the table.  These are a couple of platters which I found in immaculate condition last year for £5 for the two.




I found out at that particular time that there were not many attractive brand new pieces available and that is when I started picking pieces up from the Charity shop.  Heightened I think by the fact that at that particular time (when I was married) we had just purchased a dining table, chairs, two 6 foot pine Welsh dressers and a corner pine dresser.  His family came regularly to tea and dinner and so did my family.



My first husband was one of a large family and I mean large.  So any family tea you could quite easily have over 10 to the table.  And so the collection started.

In reality I found that the pieces I was finding at the Charity shop were actually very nice pieces and far nicer than I was able to find brand new.  I have over the years managed to accumulate quite a few lovely pieces.

This needless to say does not stop with the meat platters.  It has expanded to glassware, crockery, china, cake stands etc. etc. including a collection of green glassware. 

I just like collecting things.

Catch you later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts