Its ben a tad hectic

Here today in Peterborough and I have not stopped to draw breath until now since getting up.

OH decided he was getting up early to try and tackle the back herb garden a little.  The bay tree had got out of hand and needed chopping down a bit and tidying up.  Also sorted some of the pots and rubbish but need to get back in there during the day (hopefully a warmer one) as it was absolutely bitter outside to try and get it a little more streamlined and under control again. I hope we have a warmer day soon as I want to grow a lot of seeds this year and do the Potager proper.

In any event branches from the bay tree needed chopping up to get them in bin liners in readiness to take to the tip.  So I set too and started that and had to come in, in absolute agony. I had a very bad and painful Raynaud's attack whilst chopping up the bay and got really cold even though I was wearing thick gloves and had to come in, warm up and take some pain killers.  I then got wrapped up and went back out again this time with a pair of marigolds on top of a warmed pair of gloves and I was okay.  

I had also liberated a lot of rubbish from the front room last night another six bags full and they also needed bagging and taking out in readiness to going to the tip.  The result was that the van was filled to the brim.  We needed diesel, Missy needed walking so we dealt with these one after another to save going in and out all the time.  It was a nice ride out, lovely afternoon very cold, clear blue sky, sun out.  I suspect we are in for another very cold night though.

I am now taking five minutes out before I go and cook Sunday lunch, piece of roast beef and Yorkshire puddings, shredded cabbage, carrots, cauliflower cheese, roasties and a little mash.  That should do very nicely.  Am looking forward to that.

Tonight there is the second part of the Knight's Templar treasure search on TV and I am looking forward to that as I really enjoyed last week's programme.

I did not manage to get to do any of the UFO last evening but I intend to do some more tonight.

First thing first though, washing machine needs to go on as my jacket needs washing and some of OH's stuff as well.

Back on my own tomorrow and I am planning on spending Tuesday sewing and crafting.  Cannot wait but have a lot of stuff to do before then.  Still loads to do in the front room but am getting there.

Right better get a wriggle on.  Hope everyone has had a lovely afternoon.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. You have been busy - enjoy 'your' day on Tuesday hope you get to play lots and enjoy the pleasure of crafting all day - I have Hubby at home on Tuesday with me so he is going to help me sandwich, baste and pin two patchwork quilts as they're hard work on my own - you've also reminded me that I need to order my seeds too xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts