Reusing/Recycling/Repurposing - For Crackers/Cheese Biscuits




At Christmas I received a very nice tin of biscuits as a present. They were from the English Heritage range The biscuits were delicious and were soon gone which left me with a nice tin.  Did I really want another tin on the pantry shelf.  Well yes actually I do.  It is a practical sized tin in lovely condition and with lovely detail on the outside.  So how do I use this up.





Well I thought long and hard about this one and looked around all the stuff I have for the pantry and then decided that I had the perfect use for this pretty little tin.  One of the problems we have had had has been for storing a packet of crackers once opened.  So I have decided that they will go in here.  I no longer have a problem with them losing their crispiness as I can put them in the dehydrator for a little while to crisp them up but there has always been a practical need to be able to put an open packet somewhere so that they do not get broken.  This tin is ideal for this and is a nice size to boot.

So the cream crackers have a new home and the Pantry has a new tin to put on the shelves.  That's what I call a "Win-Win".  Perfect!



Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

PS a lot of people like to match things up.  Therefore if you want cheap storage containers for the pantry try and match them up so that you have tins for Flour, Sugar, Dried milk etc. Often during the Christmas season pretty tins are mass produced and someone somewhere down the line is getting rid of a tin they do not have a need or a use for.  Just ask them if you can have it or alternatively source them from car boots, flea markets and of course ebay.  Just an idea. 

PP

Comments

  1. Much better to repurpose such a pretty gin. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy using nice tins-sometimes people give me their empty ones because they know I will actually use them. Glad you are feeling brighter today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts