Sunday night and Monday catch up

Sorry I sort of left everyone midair on Sunday evening but here are some of the cooking and baking results.

The roast lamb was delicious but I failed to take any photos.  OH had it again last night and the rest has been made into Posh Leftover Lamb Shepherds pie.






That was very warming and tasty.

Here is the Gooseberry Crumble






Served with warm custard it went down a treat

Here are the scones.




They are not too bad.  Personally not as nice as my mum's scones but still a nice bulk recipe for a family tea time.

I will post photos of the other baked goods probably tomorrow.  Sorry ran out of time.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x




Comments

  1. Your scones look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do not taste too bad either, Went down well for supper past couple of nights. hope you are keeping wellx

      Delete
  2. The scones look delicious. The last ones I made were from Jamie Oliver - and didn't include any sugar - they were edible (just), but definitely 'lacking'. Think a gooseberry crumble is on the cards for the weekend - I've still got a glut from last year in the freezer......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, the scones were not bad just not as nice as my mum's recipe. There was more flour in this one than in hers. Even so they were not too bad and OH took some with him to work again today and I also have had a few more. Not many left now. Will try the recipe again probably at the weekend and see whether it makes up any differently or whether I can add anything to it. I used two small bags of gooseberries with a deep crumble in quite a lot deeper dish than I usually use and OH was quite happy with it. It has since gone. Crumble is one of his favourites of any disposition. Trouble is with Scones I don't like the ones that you buy in the shops and so they are one of a number of things I prefer home baked. You could also add a splash of elderflower cordial/syrup to the gooseberries to add a little more flavour. Thanks for popping by and take care Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts