Sunday round up

I have been on the internet most of the afternoon doing some more research for future projects and also different ways of doing things.  I have been on both You Tube watching tutorials and also on Pinterest saving items and recipes for future use.  Bit of dreaming going on here in the process but it has taken me out of myself and been giving me ideas for doing future things.

It has been very cold here today.  We have had the heating on and the house is reasonably warm although it could be warmer.  The back bedroom is cold inbetween the main bedroom and the computer room.  I put this down to the fact that the building is an L shape here and the wind blows straight into the L shape and thus makes that bedroom wall really cold.  Fortunately I have a pair of thick velvet curtains up at the windows but it only stops a little of it.

We have roast chicken for tea.  Just served plainly with steamed vegetables.  We have mashed potatoes, carrots, spring cabbage and some broccoli.  The remnants of the chicken will be used for Coronation chicken and will be used up as in my earlier post today.  For those of you this is a curry flavoured mayonnaise mixture that uses up any leftovers from a roast chicken.  As I will have two to deal with and as I want OH to have a variety of stuff for his packed lunch and do not want him to get bored I thought that I would give this an airing.  It is something my family have made on and off for years but as I could not locate my recipe I went on the web and found this one on the BBC Good Food site Coronation Chicken.  I will not be adding cinnamon or dried fruit though as OH not a fan of this.

Sometimes here, it is six steps backward one step forward.  The computer/craft room is in a mess again and so tomorrow is going to be spent tidying that up again.  OH will be at work and Tuesday is my designated playday.  That did not happen last week because of other reasons. So I need to be able to play and have things easily to hand.  Fingers crossed and toes plaited that this will actually happen this week.  I need to seriously play to relax and sort out my jumbled thoughts. I have some bunting I want to make up.  I also want to start a Dresden plate quilt, by working on the blades and building them up.  I have never done this before.  However I have done a little patchwork even though I am not as cohesive with it or as fluent as I aim to be.  But Rome was not built in a day and I have to start somewhere.









I have a couple of packs of Fat quarters which I am going to use for this purpose. Needs cutting out yet. The colours blend really well together and I have some rose pink plain that I might use with it.  Do you think the colours will work together?  Should it be a smaller print  as these are a lot larger than I would have normally gone for.  Thought might use a cream background on which to mount the Plates once all made up.

I also have a couple of vintage embroidered cushion covers that need laundering and then re-stitching so that they can go into one of my Rocking chairs.  There are some other projects as well so will have to see how we get on.  I intend to make a full day of it.


I also have some paperwork to deal with and get out of the way so I envisage an early start to get this done.

Right I believe the chicken is now cooked and we need to eat.  Have not done so well today on the time factor but hey ho will get there in the end.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts