The Sun is out

.......for the first time for days.  How lovely to see,  Still not warm but then it is not supposed to be.    However today is not a day for the garden.  Later in the week yes but the front room needs recovering.

I found my man and he put the light bulbs in for me so I was able to continue working in the front room last night. I am not very good at putting them in myself as my hands have lost a lot of dexterity these days.

Still a long way to go but as I said yesterday am inching my way forward.  Three large bags of rubbish have been put out as well so slow work but therapeutic.  Another large stack of books will have to be sorted later on the ones that fell off the book shelf.  Hopefully by the end of the week my man will have been able to have repaired it.  It is only when you have the books stacked neatly and have to negotiate them that you realise how lucky we are to have bookshelves.  I shall also look at the books to see if there are any that can be thinned out.  I get very precious about my books and possessive.  They are my babies.  Its like fabric am the same with that, have to stroke it, admire it, view it from all  angles.  I think I am past retribution but I am very slowly starting to declutter.

Once the lounge is sorted maybe I might be able to get into a rhythm of working a few pieces of my heirloom vintage hexie quilt (this is a hand worked project.  As I often listen to TV programmes whilst I am doing something this will be an ideal project on a daily basis.  I also need to do some more crochet work as well.  I have the dream blanket still to do a load more on the one that I started when I left work which has hardly been touched since.  It would be nice to be able to get stuck in on both projects and resurrect the dream.

I am probably not going to be able to play with any of my crafting this week due to the decluttering programme but hopefully will be able to next week when he is back to work.  I shall take a day to play then.  

The patchwork is talking. I have done the odd bit of patchwork in the past.  Not much am still a novice but as I am working I am intent on finding new and better ways to do things. I have packs of pre-cut charm squares enough to make a Super king quilt.  So I thought I would start working them into pairs to start with and then into strips,  That way at least its another step forward. The squares are pinks, blues, greens, creams. I just have to find my way around it. Maybe next Tuesday I will get to play.  That is what I am planning in any event.

Right back to the voyage of discovery that is the front room.  Still finding bits and bobs that I had forgotten I had.  

Catch up later on.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts