Thursday Catch up

Well its been a really busy day.  I have found loads of things I knew I had but did not know where they were.  House is in utter chaos but over one-third way through the room.  Hopefully I will have a lounge back to sit in soon.

Found some vintage cushion covers that I had purchased which were not sewn up very well.  They are destined for a reproduction Bentwood rocking chair in the snug/computer room/Craft room.  So on my sewing day next Tuesday they are in a neat pile and I am going to fix the seams and tidy them up and then get the cushions into the chair.  I have also found another part worked kit which will end up as another cushion panel so aim to do a little each day until I get that finished.  Then I will make that up also.

I have some beautiful needlework kits in waiting.  One of them in particular is a woollen crewel work of pansies in the shape of a heart called simply "heartease".  It was an expensive kit but well worth the money.  The packet had split and so for ease of working and keeping everything together I have decanted the instructions, the wools and the pre-printed panel into a Lever Arch file so that I do not lose anything.  I would really like to start that soon.  However I want to get some other stuff out of the way with first.

I have access to the first large set of bookshelves in the front room so I am going to get that sorted out and into some semblance of order.  Still cannot get into the corner where the bookshelves collapsed.  Will get there gradually.

Lots of rubbish has been cleaned (mostly packing and broken boxes) but it will be a job well done when it is finished.  Once I have the room into some kind of tidiness I then have to scrub it out, wash the curtains, make a door curtain and then clean the carpet.  I am taking it steady it may take a good three or four days yet.  But it will be worth it.  Then I will start on the dining room.

Glutton for punishment me.  I found some kitchen stuff as well.

Right am off to potter.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan


x

Comments

Popular Posts