Wednesday catch up

Thank you for all your lovely comments and support yesterday.  It was not a good day, but at least I partially faced up to some problems and there are now a few things in place to move forward.  I have been in a better place today as a result.  Sometimes I worry about things I have no control over  - not that I am a control freak its just I like to be as prepared as I can and when I don't feel up to dealing with things I just lose the plot.  I have had to point out to OH that just because he thinks I am capable of doing this and that in reality I may not be able to deliver and therefore his expectation puts extra pressure on me which I do not need.  I think I have got through on this point at long last. I can deal with a lot of what is thrown at me, but sometimes, just sometimes it is too much!  Yesterday was such a day.

It has been another busy day today and I am now absolutely shattered.  I had planned to meet with a friend and then had to go to an appointment and deal with another item on the hit list.  All now sorted, but rather than not meet my friend we ended up doing our usual thing and then she accompanied me to my appointment and then we went for another wander afterwards.  It was good to meet up with her.

I have lots of things to do over the next few days.  Dealing with some of my issues is making me feel a bit more positive but I also have a lot of stuff to do in the house.  This week seems to have gone by and I don't seem to have achieved very much which is grieving me.  Fortunately tomorrow I am home and am going to be organising first thing all my patchwork material.  I have some plastic tubs with some of it in and I have a load more to go in there.  At some point I also want to give the Accuquilt cutter a run with some of the recycled shirting I have stashed to date so that I can do all the preparation in advance of a sewing/crafting day.  I also want to do some Dresden petals/ties and then build them up into a patch with various scraps of fabric and then hopefully a quilt.  When I have a crafting day I want to be sewing and making rather than all the preparation.

I also have some expensive patterned tea towels that I bought a while back to intermingle with some linen and/or pre-washed calico to make a large different style of tablecloth.  I have at least a couple of batches of different cloths to make two tablecloths.  

Whilst out with my friend today I saw some lovely Easter tablecloths two for £5.99.  I may get some of these next time when I go in and do a similar thing for an Easter table cloth.  I have plenty of yellow cotton and polka dot cotton to mix and match it with as well as plenty of calico.  I might even be able to embroider on some Easter images with the embroidery machine once I get it up and running.  

I am aiming again to have next Tuesday to myself for crafting.  I have done a little more to the UFO cross stitch needlepoint.

It has been bitterly cold here again today.  Fortunately at the moment the house is nice and warm, but my heart goes out to those without a roof over their heads in this dreadful weather.

Keep safe everyone.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. Glad you got to visit with your friend.
    It makes life a little more tolerable.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. She is actually wired the same way as me and we seem to spark off each other which made me feel better straight away. A warts n all friend. Hope you are keeping well. Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts