Do you wear a pinny

From being a little girl I always had to wear a pinny.  In fact I still have my favourite one that was given to me by my aunty it has holes in it, is pretty faded and of course is far too small.  It is sentimental really but I just cannot let it go at the moment.

Mum also had me wearing a pinny.  All the ladies in our family wore pinnies when they were cooking.  Indeed my Great Auntie used to make everyone a pinny as part of their Christmas presents.  I still have some that she made for my mum.

At my first senior school in Peterborough, the girls all had to make an overall pinny to wear in the cooking class.  Peterborough schools at that time were teaching the new syllabus (not secondary modern syllabus) where we were taught a lot of stuff that my father classed as complete and utter nonsense.

Then when I went on to my final secondary school and did Domestic Science lessons as they were called then all the girls were expected to wear a white pinny with a frill all the way round it.  They were devils to iron but that was part of the expected uniform for when we were actually cooking.  They did look smart and pretty though.

Later on when I married, I had several pinnies.  These wipe down PVC funny ones that came out in the seventies. 

My last modern up to date pinny has died.  It has been worn out and I am looking to replace it especially as I now have the sewing machine going.

Yet again I have been nosing around Pinterest and I have found the following pinny patterns which I quite like the look of.  The one I am interested in is the Mobious one and it has a print out pattern with it.  Might have a look at this.  I do have some old clothes in any event which I always wear for doing housework as it really does not matter what happens when wearing them.  They are past going out clothes if you know what I mean.

Anyway the links are here:








It is the third mobius apron that I have my eye on.  I also thought that having a go at an apron or aprons will get me back into proper machining again and will give me practice that I sorely need.

Do you wear a pinny to cook or do the housework in? Or is it just me a creature of my time period.

Catch you all later on.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts