Movies and Films and thoughts of filling the freezer

Today has been sunny, clear skies and warm in the sun although chilly otherwise but for the time of year it is blooming amazing and I am very grateful for that.  We walked Missy first thing and had a really good walk with her.  She was shooting here and there and I remarked to OH that we should have called her "Bullet" as she was running off at speed.  She just never has a minute.  You would not think that she was nine years old!

Afterwards, we paid a visit to the Iceland Food store and had a good mosey around to see what food they actually have on offer.  We need to start re-stocking the freezers so I wanted to see what was on offer, even though it is not shopping day and I also needed to get something for tea today. There were several very good offers on.

Sometimes the offers that are available in stores such as Iceland relate more to the ancillary items that they have on offer.  Today I saw several things which I hope to top up on come pay day.  It would be foolish not to take advantage of such offers so we shall be going again come the weekend.  I remarked to OH that where possible I like to take advantage of such offers as it keeps the food bill down and still keeps us well fed.  One of the bargains was a 12 pack of Branston Baked Beans for £5.  Up until now I have been finding four packs for £2 and buying them in when I see them.  So this will potentially save £1 which can be used elsewhere.  There were also good offers on fresh meat, and also washing powder and fabric conditioner.  It might be worth you checking out your local store to see what offers are on in your local store.

One thing we have always bought in bulk where we can and if it is of a nice strong variety is a big block of vintage cheddar to be used more for general everyday cooking but I do like a nice strong cheddar.  So today we have bought a smaller block of the same cheese to test it out. That will help us make an informed decision as to whether to buy or not.  I am pleased to say that the cheddar is quite nice and has quite a tang to it. 

I do not just use freezer shops alone.  I use a full variety of shops when stocking up the freezers and buy where I can - mostly on genuine offers. I try and save as much as I can so that we eat well for less.  I also need to stock up the Pantry again.  I suppose really I do a really good stock up of the Pantry in effect once a year stocking up on basics and then just topping up on offers.  The same in effect with the freezers although it takes three or four months of freezer shopping to fill all thee freezers, a deep large chest freezer and two upright ones.

One of the issues I have when I go shopping and browsing in that I cannot always carry the stuff home, which is frustrating.  I have my shopping trolley but in such stores where I find bargains when I go into town on my own I need to use a trolley in the store and I need my trolley to bring stuff back in as I quite frequently walk home - it is cheaper.  However it becomes a bit of a bind managing the store shopping trolley and my trolley plus contents.

I bought some swede and carrot crush, mashed potato, cauliflower and broccoli cheese, steak pies for tea.  OH did not go into the freezer again yesterday not that there is a lot in there but there is still some to clear.

Unfortunately we did not have what was planned as OH did not feel very well so we have that for tea tomorrow night. Otherwise it has been a bit of a lazy day.

Aside from books I am also quite fond of watching movies/films whether that be on DVDs or via You Tube or some other service.  Today has been a low key kind of day and I have indulged in some film watching.  OH is not keen on films and so armed with my earphones I can watch to my heart's content whilst OH watches the other TV and we do not end up disturbing each other but both of us get to do what we want to.  It works.  We are in the same room, not wasting resources by being individual rooms so it works.  We both have different interests this way we both get to explore them.

Right better get a wriggle on usual Sunday night routine getting the ironing etc. done for OHs clothes for the week.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts