Running out of time

Literally at the moment and hence the reason for me not being present for a couple of days or so.  I have a couple of reports to type up as well which I have not yet managed to get to.  I am hoping to get to these tomorrow night.  I am out all day tomorrow.

Today has been very hectic.  OH got up his usual time and left about 7:30pm.  I was up for 8:00pm and on the computer more or less straight away as I needed to apply for another job that had come up on the Job Centre website which included me tweaking my CV.  Filling in the application form which took me three hours (their application) and then checking and submitting it online.  I am very out of practice when it comes to CVs and interviews so this is going to be a whole new ball game I suspect.

I was supposed to have met with a  friend today for lunch but unfortunately she got held up at a meeting in Cambridge and we have re-arranged another time. 

After walking into town I had an appointment at the Job Centre- my first real appointment with them.  I have already applied for two jobs, and had been asked to bring in my CV which I handed to her.  Oohps it would seem that CVs have changed an awful lot in in the interim.  I have been given certain advice and so am going to have to revise that in the next few days or so.  They seemed very surprised I had already done what I have.  I have another appointment next week in any event so I shall set too in the next few days or so and get this all sorted out.  I also have some other enquiry stuff to do in respect of prospective work as well.  The time has come where I need to be back in employment for practical reasons although in reality I would love to be able to retire and stay at home.  Being realistic though that is not going to happen unless I win the lottery.

Before that though I have my reports to prepare.

I walked back home after the appointment, by this time my back was jipping me. So I am now sat resting it a little.

We have had pizza for tea which has gone down very nicely as I was a tad hungry.  Must be all that walking!

Tomorrow I am spending the day with a friend.  She has arranged a get together for patchwork crafters of like minds in order to produce some patchwork quilts for the Project Linus charity.  See here for further details:  Project Linus.  This to me seems a very worthwhile charity especially as it gives so much comfort to so many.  Check it out as even if you cannot donate or make a quilt yourself you can give in other ways by donating fabric or wadding.

I am now at long last going to drag out my new sewing machine and have a run through it as I am taking that with me tomorrow. I have not used it before but my friends maybe able to sort me out a little. Wish me luck.

Right had better get a wriggle on.  Catch you shortly.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts