Self Help and daily round up



Tuesday I felt on top of the world.  I did not ache.  I was moving around like a spring chicken.  Yesterday not so mobile today I have been crippled up.  Something has got to give.


From all the research I have done on auto immune disease and disease generally I understand that most Doctors believe that most diseases stem from the gut.  To me this is logical as some people's systems are a lot slower than others, and therefore their "waste" in their system does not filter out quickly and remains for a longer period of time and I believe thus causes the body to absorb some of the toxins.  

Most people with long term conditions end up with what is called "leaky gut".  Generally their systems are not able to absorb all the goodness out of food or indeed with some medication.  It does not matter what they do in this respect they just do not absorb or their systems do not absorb as much as they should and this leads to other issues.  I have a sensitivity with my stomach and I have been diagnosed with IBS. A lot of the more effective medication I cannot have because I am sensitive to it.  Long term medication can also lead to ulcers and the Doctors and I want to avoid that at all costs. I also have acid reflux, acidosis, hiatus hernia amongst a whole load of other things which I wished I did not have;  but a lot of that is down to genetics.  My mother had these, and I believe her mother did also.  So where you are able it might be an idea to map the issues you do have in your family.  You might find that it develops a pattern.


In any event.  I am 60 in May.  I don't feel it - now my body does not co-operate but I honestly do not feel it. I want to remain as mobile as I can but with this cold and damp weather I am shot in the foot before I have even started. 

I have read a lot about Turmeric being very useful with long term conditions and I have recently found this drink which I am going to trial and see how I get on with it.  There are no nasties in it and it might honestly help me.  But then it might not.   I am pretty open minded about this but if it does not help and is not effective then I will ditch it. However nothing ventured nothing gained.   

However I am a big believer in food being able to help you most in the longer term and I would rather prescribe food for myself than pills. Fortunately I am not on a lot of medication.  I have epileptic pill, vitamin D pill and quinine pill twice a day.  I also have an Omezeprole once a day (reflux and acidosis).  So if I can help myself in anyway possible I will.  Yogurt helps with my stomach natural live yogurt and helps protect your system from ulcers and also helps your body absorb things more effectively as it puts a lining on the stomach.  I make sure that I have yogurt as part of my breakfast routine.

My grandfather used to go to see the bone man. My Nan used to see the herbalist.  My dad was a natural healer and he also used cider vinegar and honey of a morning to help with arthritis.  He had a touch of arthritis but not like I have so I think there is something in some of these things.  For full details please check out the links here.

Basically the ingredients are:

1 teaspoon of Turmeric
Small piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
pinch of black pepper
2 cups of coconut milk
1 teaspoon of honey (optional)
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)

Basically you put everything into a small saucepan and then bring to the boil for 5 minutes and then you can drink it.

I topped up on ingredients today and have everything apart from the ginger.  I shall get that tomorrow and then make it up.  I may not like it and may end up going onto the cider vinegar and honey with some hot water first thing of a morning.  But we shall see what we shall see.

Doctors are very good in the greater scheme of things but when it comes to dealing with things on a day by day basis it is something you have to find  and work out for yourself.  Your body is your body.  We are all treated as if we are the same but in reality you may be allergic to something that I am not sensitive too and that will throw up a whole host of symptoms and may mean that particular option is not appropriate for you.  For instance I cannot take Tramadol as it makes me sick and dizzy.  Also Tegretol and Epilim.  They ended up causing full blown seizures.  With the Epilim I just did not function and was like a zombie!  It was though I was watching everything in slow motion.

Right am off to bed.  Its been a busy day. I sorted my CV and then went into town and met a friend.  Had a lovely lunch with her then came back via town and Waitrose.  I needed a new small frying pan and also a pancake pan. I have ended up with two cheapies both different sizes but ideal. I love pancakes and OH does not always want to indulge and it is better if I can make a mix up for both of us rather than just for me - I have been known to do it though.  However it is pancake day next Tuesday and I am rather keen to indulge.  In the interim I am going to source oranges and lemons, and some different sauces to ring the changes. M & S do a very nice lemon and gin sauce which is lush so another bottle of that is on the list.  I have honey, and some maple syrup and golden syrup.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I hope that the Turmeric helps - many swear by it. Also check out Probiotics. I am on some to help my Histamine problems (these are ones that boost the immune system too). So far my body is tolerating them - in the past certain probiotics have turned me inside out. Onwards and upwards Tricia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi BB, I found the probiotics when I was first diagnosed with the scleroderma quite by chance. Logic was that yogurt is good for the stomach and the system must be a live yogurt and so I tried the Actimel. It helped a lot and three months after being diagnosed the Doctor wanted to know what I had been doing as my results were so much better. I told him. He was quite interested. I think they now with a lot of the auto immune conditions tell people to use them. If nothing else it will help with giving a lining to the stomach and therefore protect the stomach especially if on long term medication. I make my own yogurt and have that every day. The Actimel also as it does work.

    I have also read a lot about coconut oil and coconut milk being good for the system as well. I can but try it and if it helps it helps. I have been a bit acidy again today so I am hoping it will help with that. I now have the ginger and am going to have a glass before I go to bed to see if that helps. I did not sleep too well last night either - I was late to bed as I watched two back to back episodes of Sleepy Hollow. Think I am hooked. Hope the probiotics continue to help with your histamine problems. Have a good weekend. Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts