A bit of a catch up

It has been a manic week, as this week has mostly been for me dealing with decluttering, taking stuff to the charity shop and re-sorting and stacking those items I am keeping little by little and of course chucking out any rubbish. We ended up having to go to the tip as I had sorted out such a lot of stuff and decided to dump stuff I was going to use due to time constraints.  However as I say the Charity shop has benefited considerably.

I have found loads of stuff I had forgotten about.  I even found a small occasional table that I could not remember buying. 

We started today by going to the tip first.  On the way back we called into a new to us Farm Shop and were very impressed with the produce.  It is called the Harvest Barn and is on the back road to Ramsey.  Lots of good wholesome food different brands to what we are used to seeing which was great from my perspective as there were no end of new flavours available.  Needless to say think will be going back there are some point.  Not necessarily the cheapest but lots of lovely food . We had called in for a sack of potatoes as  I decided that I was not paying £12.50 for a sack.  I have a sack of reds which were £9.  Will see what they are like but normally I have found in the past that red potatoes make good eating.  They also have a nice cafĂ© area and serve Sunday lunches at £7.50 per head.  

We then went on to our unit and bought back a load more stuff to the house as well.  As I say, it is a thorough 32 years clear-out.  Although all consuming at the moment it will pay off in the long run as I am deciding what I really need to keep and that which can be passed on.

After coming back from the Unit I have added more stuff to the stash.  I found in the unit a couple of water colour paintings that were bought back from Venice by my Great Aunt Kit as a present for my grandmother.  They were always hung in her front room/best room.  They will need re-framing as the frames that they are in are extremely fragile but it was good to see them again and once re-framed they will be put up in the lounge.

I have also located my lead crystal decanters, some of my green glass collection, some of my glass cake stands so far.  Once I have everything in the house I will be able to marry up like with like and get it packed together.  I have also come across some more of my 1920's vases as well as my stash of vellum bound classics.

I am now absolutely shattered and am not going to be long before I go to bed.  

We are off to the unit again tomorrow to gather more stuff and then get that sorted as well.  I have planned for Sunday dinner tomorrow, roast pork, roast potatoes, shredded cabbage, mashed potato, carrots and broccoli and am looking forward to that.

Right I had better get a wriggle on.

Catch you shortly.

Pattypan

x

I have also been sorting out on the clothes front.  11 years ago I was a size 24 - because in the past I have yo-yo'd with my weight I have hung on to the larger clothing just in case.  However I have gone down at least six sizes in the meantime and I have gone through some of the clothes and sent them to the Charity shop also.  So it really is being a sort out all the way round.  

I have also found my stash of Christmas panels so I think once I have this sort out concluded that I will spend some time making these up to get them out of the way with.

Comments

  1. Wow! You have been busy. I think having a good clear out frees the mind and energises you. However I find it hard to part with memories so I feel that it must be a difficult time for you in some respects. I am awed by the fact that you dropped 6 dress sizes. I am struggling to lose any weight at all. I like food too much! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts