Continuum

From the earlier post.  

Today started off fair and bright.  I walked into town, as yesterday whilst in M & S I had seen a nice piece of beef that was not too extortionate in price and for which I will get at least a couple of meals out of and also meat for the freezer in gravy; and also for some sarnies.  I am glad to say it was still there.  I also bought a chicken, some strawberries and cream and cheese and then walked back again.

OH had booked the van in for an MOT. It failed as he needs two new tyres and a rear light was not working as it should, but otherwise no hidden surprises. In reality we could have done without this. That is booked in again for next weekend.  However it is a necessary evil as OH works the other side of Peterborough to where we live and it is too far for him to walk.

When I got back home OH was not too long before he came back and he then nipped me to the Italian Shop in Fletton to buy some Italian sausage for tea to be served with mixed roasted veggies which is a favourite meal here.  (We have since had this and it was delish. It was a mixture of potato, sweet potato, onion, celery, carrot, red sweet Italian pepper, and cherry tomatoes with lots of garlic cloves as well which were all roasted in the oven and then the sausage added to cook once the veggies were nearly done).

Once home I set too in the garden and was out there for about 4 hours.  I have made a start and got rid of quite a bit of rubbish, but there is still a long way to go.  This is just the herb garden not the main garden.  I am hoping that the weather stays fair so that I can get out for sometime each day to really start to get it under control again and then get my seeds on the go in the growing houses.  I must say it was really nice to be out in the fresh air.

When we walked Missy down by the river there was a lovely vibrant red sunset, however there was a definite nip in the air and my hands went really cold.  It is nice and warm in the house at the moment although we do not have the heating on.

Much work to do as usual here and it looks as though it is going to be another late night with an early morning as well as weather permitting I want to get back into the garden.  In the long-term have a shed to paint, fences to treat, planters to paint.  I would also like OH to put some shelves up under the windows to put some planters and which in effect will form a window box.  I have brackets for this.  I would also like to do this on the front of the house although I want the planters screwed to the shelves so that they are not easily taken.  I also have my hanging baskets to sort out.  I have found the liners and some of the retracting lockable brackets that can be lowered down for watering and feeding the baskets as well.

It is a big birthday for me soon.  I would quite like some plants for window boxes and hanging baskets rather than any material presents as I get so much pleasure from flowers and the garden.

I am going to keep my eyes open for a wooden or a couple of wooden tables and chairs for the garden which I can overhaul (probably on ebay or freecycle) so that we can sit out in the garden if it is nice of an evening and enjoy being in the fresh air.

My Hollyhocks made it through as have my violets, wild strawberries have self-seeded although I seem to have lost my Rosemary and sage plants.  I had three varieties of sage, a variegated golden version, a standard sage and a red sage. I use a lot of sage so I am hopeful I can replace these.  My hydrangeas did not make it and my two crab apple Golden hornet standards have made it through as have my fig trees.  I will have to check further down the garden for other plants when I can get there however sadly I have lost my bay tree standards; both of them which I am quite sad about.

Plants I would like this year are aubretia, a couple of scabious, all herbs (I have already bought three climbing roses and the maincrop potatoes.  I do need onions and shallots and garlic, rhubarb and salad potatoes). Some of my fruit bushes have made it through too but I shall check further on them when I get down the garden a bit although I shall keep my eyes peeled for a few more.

I also need a washing line putting up so that I can take advantage of getting the washing dried outside.

Right am off to tackle cleaning the fridge.

PP

x

P.S.  And we have to turn the clocks forward an hour to take advantage of the daylight hours.

Comments

Popular Posts