In the process

….. of getting myself ready to go out for the day for a continuation of my learning to patchwork class from my friend which I am very much looking forward to. My sewing machine is at the ready and I have my sewing tin packed with lots of bits and bobs that I think I may need.  So hopefully I will share how I get on later when I return. Hopefully it will be finished or well on its way to being finished.

In other news, I was supposed to have been on an external course this coming week to become familiar with operating Excel.  However I received  a text yesterday confirming that the course had been cancelled.  So I am waiting for that to be reconvened.  When I went for my appointment at the Job Centre yesterday my "mentor" was a little alarmed but I produced the message I had received and she said that she would keep an eye on things.

This is quite timely in the greater scheme of things as this week is going to be a busy one mostly based around trying to make room in the house and get rid of a lot more rubbish and possibly re-homing things that I no longer like or need.  Wish me luck here but I have to do some shifting.  I am also sorting things out like for like with each other so that I can find stuff a tad more easily. I was doing this yesterday with my patchwork fabric and also my jelly rolls and fat quarters.  I had not realised just how much fabric I had acquired in this respect.  On the jelly roll front I do need some more plains to go in with some really pretty fabrics. They will come in time.  Some of them I will need soon however in any event I have plenty to go at on the sewing machine on the patchwork front and hopefully soon will be able to produce some results.

I also at some point need to get the herb garden sorted out and tidied up.  I love my herb garden and find it extremely useful for pepping up every day dishes especially in Spring when we are getting all the new vegetables in and when the cooking tends to be lighter with more salads, and more fresh veggies such as baby carrots, beans and baby beets or as at the moment with purple or white sprouting broccoli.  Some of the plants need replacing - that is another reason for getting this part of the garden cleared as the herb plants are starting to put in an appearance and I also have some seeds on the bathroom window (herbie ones of course).

Right I had better get a wriggle on my friend will be here shortly.

I must say that after the weather we have had this week this morning is grey and dismal and a little chilly.  I shall get wrapped up all the same.

Hopefully will play catch up later.  I hope you all have a good day.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

One thing I have come to appreciate though in later life is that I have some very good and special friends who are more family than just friends.  

From a little girl I did not have many friends and often felt isolated as a result.  However the friends I do have, always are a little different and slightly crackers and off beat and very different to appearances and absolutely full of fun. It always goes to show that you should never "judge a book by its cover".  

My friends they are worth their weight in diamonds - I have more friends now than I have ever had and I am grateful for each and every one of them.  That is including friends I have made on the internet of many years' duration as well (even though we have never met) we speak the same language!  Whether I am fussy or more selective I do not know but I have found that with some people you just "click" and they become friends for life and through all its twists and turns.

Comments

Popular Posts