Job Fair

I am in the throes of "tarting" myself up to attend a job fair at our Town Hall in Peterborough.  Never been to one of those before and I suppose it will all be a learning experience.  It was "recommended" by my "mentor" at the Job Centre. 

The thing is I am not really the "war paint" and extremely smart type without a hair out of place.  Smart comfortable casual a different thing but I always feel when I have to do these things that this is not me and that someone is taking over my soul! My hair is like a raging fire all over the place and no matter how I try and tame it there is always something out of place.  I have found in the past that it takes me more time to look after my hair when it is short than at the current length.  At least I can pop it in a bun or have the choice of other styles.  Now to find the curling tongues!  Deep sigh.  Well I suppose I do have to look presentable.

Catch up later on.

Pattypan

x

update:

Got all sorted out even put nail polish and makeup on which is unheard of.  Hair was washed first thing and it definitely was a bad hair day. It went everywhere and I had used an anti frizz syrum!

I walked into town. The wind was terribly rough and nearly blew me off my feet.  It did not do my hair any good either.

Anyways,  nothing doing for little old me. If you wanted to train to go in the Royal Navy, (I think I am a tad to old for that or maybe they might want an ancient mariner), be a security guard at big events, being a carekeeper in a home or want further training there was plenty but not for what I was looking for.  Also what was on offer was not in my contemplation zone. If I retrain to do something else I want it to be useful and for me to enjoy and give something back and not just be pushed into something again for the sake of things. So it looks like it is down to little old me again to find something out of the hat!   Back to the drawing board.  At least I have been and had a nose around.  

Anyway dearest Bovey Belle, Brylcreem.  Yes I know what Brylcreem is/was as my darling father used to use it and it bought back a rather poignant memory of what a holy terror I was as a child.  At the time period I am talking of I was about 17 months old. I was a Dad's girl and used to follow him all over the place chatting to him all the time.  Even when he went into the bathroom to get shaved.  I used to see Dad plaster on the Brylcreem and it seemed a normal event for a 17 month old and so I decided to try it for myself.  Dad came looking for me as he thought things were a bit quiet (a sure sign I was up to something I shouldn't be) and found me in the bathroom, my hair and face lathered with Brylcreem and I was just about to use the razor to give myself a shave!  

Moral of the story is don't do things in front of littlies that you don't want them to do.

Needless to say I was stopped, told off and lectured and apparently it took  mum ages to get the grease out of my hair.  

Not long after that I managed to lock myself in the bathroom. It was a tiny bathroom with only a tiny window like you have in a pantry in it.  I had somehow or other managed to lock myself in and could not unlock the door.  Dad did his best to get me to unlock it but it was not working all I was doing apparently was giggling my head off as I thought it so funny especially as he was part way through the window.  Equally he did not want me to get upset and cry and then panic. As he was quite a small build in those days, he managed to wriggle in part way through the window and with the aid of the clothes prop managed to shift the lock.

After that the bathroom was out of bounds to me and the door kept firmly shut.

As I have said before if there is a wrong way to do it I will normally find it, and in retrospect although maybe not funny at the time we end up laughing our heads off at things.

I prescribe tp the ethos that laughter always is the best medicine.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Brylcream dear, that'll tame it!!! Mind you, not QUITE the look you want for a Job Fair. I hope that you do well and find something suitable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks BB have updated the "Brylcreem" situation xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts