New Product to try

At the weekend, we went to the Harvest Barn Farm shop  https://harvestbarn.co.uk/a new to us place to go for wholesome food much of which is grown on the land and has very few food miles.  

As I have said, I went for a sack of  potatoes and came back with a sack of reds for £9.  They are brilliant. The skins are not thick and you get more of the potato for your money.  They are not large but what I call nice roasting size which suits us. 

I also bought a large cob farmhouse bread loaf which was lush and indeed am still using; made and baked within a five mile radius of the shop. Perfect for slathering on home made strawberry jam. I have also had with some home made pork dripping from the roast pork I cooked at the weekend.  So everything is getting used up.  


Whilst there I came across lemonade drinks called Mortuacienne which comes in a variety of flavours.  I chose Mandarine and it was lovely.  It is a little pricy but you are getting a litre bottle.  It is also an old fashioned pressure stopper bottle that I can re-use.  So a drink and a bottle that can be re-used.  It tasted wonderful.  It is very sweet but I loved it.  I shall be buying that again and will be adding to my bottle store as I go along and recycling so a win, win win as far as I am concerned.

I had not come across this brand before and so I did a little research on the Internet.



I certainly enjoyed this lovely refreshing drink.  Sweet yes, but not cloyingly sweet like a lot of pops that you get from the supermarket have.  It made a nice change.  I think that this would be particularly refreshing on a hot summer day and as I have said will increase my bottle store relatively cheaper as well as reusing resources and recycling them. 

Please note this is not an advertisement for specific products.  I mention them as I have found the shop and products I have come across to be of a very high quality - which is my own perception and opinion.  No remuneration has been received or offered.  If I find good things I like to share them with my friends most of whom are foodies and who I think will appreciate quality items.  I think the Farm shop is going to be a useful little venue for those in the Peterborough area or indeed for those visiting from out of town.

Meanwhile back at the ranch operation declutter is still ongoing.  Now I am running out of boxes as some of the ones I had in use had collapsed.  I might have to go and pay a visit to the supermarket to see if they have any boxes available.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts