Busy as a Bee

Well it has been a frantic day starting with me getting up and starting on the garden clearing round the shed so that we could get in to put some boxes from the Unit away.  I still have a lot to do but at least have made a start.

If the weather is kinder tomorrow I may go into the garden for a while and start on sorting out the mess that it currently is.  The herb garden should not take too long to do, but it is the titivating projects that may take more  time in the long run.  I picked up four Rosemary plants which had been reduced last week together with two large Chive plants which I am going to split into four plants.  I also have some herbs such as mint which have survived last year  I shall look out for more reductions during the week.  

I am after sage plants as well.  Will need to go to the nursery to see if I can find what I am after.  I also have tubs and hanging baskets to sort out.  I have some Nepeta and also trailing ivy so that is a start.

I am after some aubretia for some tubs in the herb garden as well,  I have passion fruit and clematis to pot up too and my fig trees need repotting.

I shall look out for a Wisteria as well this year as well.

We have been down to the Unit again and have spent most of the day there.  Still not completed despite being on the case all day.  Hopefully one more weekend will see it sorted.  In the meantime I have an awful lot of sorting out to do.

I have a piece of roast beef in the oven for tonight's tea.  So am looking forward to that as I am quite hungry. I am serving it with the usual suspects.

Weather has turned chilly again.  We have had grey skies and showers all day but fortunately it has just been light which I am pleased about in one sense 

To tell the truth I am absolutely shattered but still have lots to do.  

No peace for the wicked.

I shall probably go down to the river sometime this week to harvest some nettles for wine, cordial and beer as well as for making pesto and also home made pasta and hopefully dry some of the leaves for nettle tea.

Tomorrow will be a sorting out day as I am home.  As I have said hopefully the weather will be kinder tomorrow.

In the meantime I shall close today with some of the other items I found last night.

The first time we went to Southwold to stay Geoff bought me this tea service from a local charity shop.  It consists of a very large cake plate/sandwich patter and appears to be pretty  purple pansies which I absolutely love.  I believe it is a foreign make and I would really like to add to this set if I can in due course as I really do love it.




 I also found six more of the Victorian ground glass storage jars.  These are designated for cake decorations.


Some  hand embroidered/machine embroidered pictures which I am quite fond of.






These lovely grey pearlised cake knives came from my grandparents.  I believe my Great Grandparents (my Grandad's parents) bought them these as part of their wedding present.


These are what remain of the coral coloured ones.


My cheese dome made by the Boscastle pottery.  This is a favourite piece.


An Owl string holder.


A Duck egg holder.



A Chicken egg plate.  Told you had a thing about chickens.


My Nan's tea service.  It is a favourite of mine.  It was a wedding present from her parents.  I cannot see a stamp on it but it is very pretty and it appears to be a good quality china.



A fruit jug (I collect jugs).


A jug and bowl for the bedroom.


 I really love this green flower jug.  It reminds me of Malachite.

  
Another tea set.



 And finally a jug for serving custard.


Catch you soon.

Pattypan

xx

Comments

  1. You have many lovely things. I adore the pansy set. I have a thing about pansies and have china, pictures and jewellery with pansies featured or pansy shaped. Don’t work too hard and enjoy seeing your lovely treasures again. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennie. I love pansies too. I have lots of pansy bits and bobs. Seeing pansy flowers always makes me smile.. I am very lucky having so many lovely things part of my 32 year collection1 Hope you are keeping well. Take care Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts