A little jaunt and some New Clothes

Today I have been to Stamford with my friend and partner in crime L.  We have had a lovely day again, have been looking in the ladies clothes shops.  There is an exclusive little bijou shop known as Black Orchid and it sells some pretty exclusive clothes.  The shop is like a rabbit warren.  On the face of it when you enter it appears small.  However it is not.  Also has a lovely range of home stuff right at the back.  A favourite and very special shop.

We  have had a real wander around Stamford today and some lovely cake at one pit stop and then at the Kings Head in Maiden Lane a lovely fish finger sarnie.  Not birds eye fish fingers these are created by the pub from fresh fish and are delish.  The portions are more than generous.

We have also been in one or two charity shops and into Seasalt, Fat Face and White Stuff as well as the White Shop.  Sometimes it is just nice to have a leisurely walk through and see potential items to save up for   I found some lovely green glass bowls very unexpectedly in one of the charity shops so they have come home with me.

However today for me was about clothes.  I managed to find two or three tops that I really like and so they have come home with me to pad out my wardrobe a little more.  I like Stamford, as it has so many interesting and varied shops.  There is always a lot to see and it also has some interesting vintage shops as well for antiques bric-a-bac etc.

There were lots of bits and bobs in the charity shops but apart from the green glass dishes I behaved myself for once.  They will go with some green glass pitchers and glasses I have.

Last night I managed to make another full square for my blanket project which I was pleased about.  I hope to get a wriggle on with that in the next few weeks.  I shall keep plugging away with it as it is easil picked up and put down.

Right had better get a wriggle on.

Catch you later.

Pattypan xx

Comments

Popular Posts