Phew

Sadly I did not get out into the garden however OH collected me and took me to the bakery and we came back with a few bits and bobs, a couple of cheese and tomato buns and a couple of hot pasties.  I was treated to a cream iced bun and it was lush.  One of my favourite things - it is something that puts me in mind of my Nan and something that she used to buy my brother and I when we were little as a treat.  It was rather tasty - a bit naughty and nice.

OH also took me to the Italian shop the other side of town also another treat.  We bought some sweet red Italian peppers which are lush and also some Italian sausage which I shall cook with roasted veggies when he comes back from his fishing trip.  It is something that we both like very much and a good nourishing meal to look forward to.  As it is so warm we have also bought a selection of cooked meats including Porchetta which is one of my all time favourites, Palma ham, chorizo, salami and some Provolone. I also bought some coffee beans which are now in the fridge ready for grinding. So plenty to go at without the need to put the cooker on, although I have cooked a chicken I bought the other day so that should give us plenty to eat with salad which I already have in the fridge.

OH is going to take me to get some compost tomorrow.  I asked him if he could do this before he disappears fishing so that I can get on with bits in his absence.  

However for the rest of the afternoon we have sat in the cool of the house and have kept ourselves and the animals as cool as we can - apart from when we walked Missy earlier on.  However bless her despite us looking after her she did get very hot so I gave her a bath when we got in - it seems to have done the trick she has been fast asleep since and seems a lot comfier.  I used warm water on her.

I did go and buy more orange juice and ice cubes and we have had that with lemonade which has helped to keep us cool but has also slipped down a treat.  If it is this hot again tomorrow I shall do this again as it has been lovely.  Often it is the simple things that give the most pleasure.

We have not long finished watching a film and am just about to sort one or two things for tomorrow.

Hopefully catch up again tomorrow.

Take care.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts