Summer Solstice

Already - the longest day.  It is a beautiful evening out side, the sun is still out the sky still blue birds are singing.  However where has the year gone!  I seem to have got little of my planned bits and bobs achieved.  However I have completed my IT course and should get an official qualification within the next six to eight weeks something useful to add to my CV and I really have learned a lot.

However two weeks out of what I had intended to doing is going to cause serious catch up issues.  Oh dear he we go again.  This evening I have taken off as I am a little tired.  I have not been sleeping too well and waking up at 5am after only a couple of hours sleep.  It is also taking me forever to actually nod off.  Not a good combination.

Yesterday after my dear Uncle's funeral I went back to my cousin's home.  She showed me how to frame up the embroidery panel with solvy on a knapkin.  It was an Urban Thread's design called Thistle a one colour embroidery and I am really chuffed with it.  I have added the design to my wish list and will purchase it shortly.  However here is the stitched out design.  I think it looks wonderful.  I am hoping at long last to have a go and dip my toe tentatively in the water and hope to do this when OH goes on his fishing trip.  It has stitched out beautifully.




I can see all sorts of potential for Christmas presents and the like.  I had hoped to have had all sorts of things done by now.  It looks as though I am going to have some time with the patchwork and general sewing and also on the embroidery machine.  I think I am going to have to buy myself a thread stand in due course.  Seemed to make things a lot easier for my cousin's machine.  So a lot to do all round.

Tomorrow it is get stuck into the housework time again.  Will probably do some work in the garden initially and then go into the kitchen and start scrubbing it out.  Also need to pay a visit to the veg shop.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

xx




Comments

Popular Posts