Why is it when I want to play.......

…… life ends up not cooperating I end up being swamped down with other things.   I am in creative mode at the  moment.  My fingers are desperately itching.  I have ideas for all sorts of things but because of this course I am on I have very little spare time to play at the moment.  So frustrating.  However, I need this training and hopefully will achieve a useful qualification at the end of it. 

After next Friday I should be a little freer time wise although I still have a load of stuff to do in the house  - plus wanting to play.    

I have eventually managed to get a browsing session in on Pinterest which is very long overdue.Yesterday's foray into the patchwork has not helped; well it has, but left me wanting more and more.

I am hoping that once OH goes fishing again (which is planned) I will be able to get into the Computer Craft Room and be able to play seriously to my heart's content without interruption.  It is planned that he will take Missy with him so I shall only have myself to please.  As I have said the creative juices are flowing and I am itching to play.  Indeed I really need the playtime at the moment.  I am tired and my mind is whirring round and round like the mechanism in a clock.  Need to calm things a little that is why I need the crafting so much as I relax when being allowed to play.

I have several Christmas panels and decorations to make as well.  It would be nice to get those out of the way with now and packed into the boxes ready for Christmas 2019.  This includes different sized Christmas stockings, an Advent Calendar, table mats, fabric for table cloths and mats.

I also have a box full of precut patchwork pieces and some jelly rolls.  I want to start stitching up the tops of these to get some quilts started and in progress. Just the simple chain piecing to start with, with the squares and the sewing of the strips with the jelly rolls.  

I intend to finish off my small baby quilt and also the sampler that I started yesterday.  So the computer room/craft room is going to have to be emptied out in the next week or so, so that I can get organised for a really serious play.  It needs stripping out anyway and I may well start this Saturday coming whilst OH is at work  

If OH is out the way that means I can also get the ironing board up in situ and can move between the sewing machine and the ironing board as required.  

I also want to make an organiser out of some old linen that I have (with pockets on and lace trim) and also some padded coat hangers. I love pretty feminine things.  I need to stop and get a wriggle on.  So I intend to down tools when he goes fishing.  In reality I have a lot of vintage mats and linen that I have acquired over the years which needs revamping into practical things so that they can be re-used and re-loved into something useful for my home. 

Time is fast going this year, and I am not quite sure where it has gone to.  This year seems to have gone before I have even seemed to blink.  It will soon be Summer Solstice and half way through the year. 

It also seems that since we started emptying the unit out and bringing stuff home that I have been on a treadmill trying to get stuff done without any break.  I am hoping to turn things around within the next few weeks and also hopefully get myself another job sorted out.  

As I have said real life has been knocking on the door and the knock is one that will have to be answered despite the fact that I have quite enjoyed my time at home.  Realistically being at home does not pay the bills and as I have nowhere I can earn a living from at home at the moment it will have to be paid employment for the present rather than my dream of having my own Reiki practice and Mediumship practice.  When the time is right things will happen and it is logistically speaking being put on the back-burner - not abandoned all together.  Its just that other things and practicalities are taking precedence.

I am sort of multi tasking whilst writing this post.  I have Kate Rusby playing on You Tube who I love listening too, I am drafting this post on blogger, and I am also backwards and forwards in between checking out different ideas for different projects from my Pinterest board.

It will soon be a time for doing and making rather than just the dreaming.  I need to strip one of the desks down in the computer room so that I can cut my other fabrics for patchwork and get more practice with the rotary cutter.

I also have a stash of UFOs that need sorting as well and I am also itching to get crafty with a paint pot, some decoupage utilising a couple of filing cabinets and a couple of furniture pieces another old mirror and a picture frame and a box of shells.  There is also decorating to do in the house.

Well I have one pair of hands. If I plan things sensibly though I think that potentially I can get quite a bit of stuff achieved.  I must say that I absolutely love my sewing machine. 

The crochet rug is being worked in the interim.  I have plans for others to be worked inbetween as well as you can never have too many crochet rugs.  Made piecemeal from squares they are easily portable and then built up into something larger they can add warmth and comfort as well as individuality to a home.  The best thing with squares is that I can get into production mode with them and get them made relatively quickly.  They can be picked up and put down when a few minutes of time is available and it always makes me feel as if I am being productive when I am sat.

It is coming to the time for the doing and the making so that I can clear my workload a little and also get the Christmas presents made that I want to achieve. That is another reason for me wanting to do them when OH goes fishing so that there are surprises for everyone.  I have in mind to make some waistcoats for the men for Christmas but I want them to be a genuine surprise so if a certain person is not around he cannot get Captain Beaky!

Hope you all have a good day.  

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts