Glass and Blood

Lots of it.  I don't know what it is but I seem to have a fatalistic attraction to not only water but glass as well.  Such it was today.  I was busy still tidying the garden when my foot suddenly felt uncomfortable and something was stuck in my foot.  When I checked a shard of glass had gone straight through the sole of my Crocs and straight into my foot.  There was for a small cut blood everywhere and I had to shout for assistance from Nurse M (my OH).  I knew he had a First Aid kit in the car as the other day he had cut himself and I had to play nurse!

For such a small cut there was a lot of blood, but very worryingly it seemed to have clotted in the bottom of my Croc quite quickly.  I have to go to the Doctors for a check up on my Arthritis in any event so I shall ask a couple of questions then.

Anyway Nurse M did his bit although he kept me on one leg for far too long and I had trouble with my hip.  He eventually put two plasters on but they did not want to adhere and then to make sure it stayed in place strapped me up with a bandage.  Within a couple of hours the bandage had made its way South - I never have been able to keep dressings or plasters on for very long.  

That bit out of the way we ended up going to the tip for a couple of trips although we still have a van full to get rid of and there is still a load in the garden.  The garden is not finished yet by a long chalk, the jungle has gone but it is still very untidy and I am going to have a lot of digging to do in the next few weeks or so.

I have however got my growing houses in their new position all four of them down where the greenhouse is together with the seeds that I have already grown.  I have also popped in the growing houses lots of pots that I have - there are still more to go in.

I have weeded the edge of the shed and OH has moved the paving slabs further up the garden.  I am hopeful that these will get laid soon so that we can go out and sit of an evening or I can when he goes fishing and spend some time in the fresh air.

I have also found two large long planters which I think will be ideal for the Wild Strawberries and so have dragged them out.  I intend putting them down the side of the shed where I have just weeded.  Yet again I may put the Basil there.

There are a lot of bramble roots that need digging up as well a job for another day where I might need the assistance of OH.

As I have so many plants to repot I am aiming to do a couple a day.  Today I managed to re-pot one of the Blackcurrant bushes (It is to go further down the garden when it is cleared) so needs to be in a pot for the time being.  The other is a pink honeysuckle.  Now quite a bit of rubbish has gone I can see what I still need to clear and to where I can place plants that I already have.  However there is still quite a quantity of rubbish to get rid of.

My plants have all been watered up though which is a good thing.

Tomorrow evening I intend to set some more seeds in tubs and in the mini greenhouses and also pot up a few more of the plants I found yesterday.

OH has said that he will see about getting me the garden swing he promised me a few years ago.  We have the Barbecue and the Pizza oven.  It will be good once the garden is tidied as that means we will be able to have friends over.

The project itself has been absolutely awful with no end of rubbish in the garden because things got left and not dealt with and then me not being very well sort of exacerbated it more than a little.  For the past fortnight I have tackled the jungle and OH gave some assistance yesterday and today.  We still have a lot to do.  I shall pop up photos of before and after when I get the garden in a little more order then you will see what I have been up against.

Tomorrow is going to be another busy day.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan
xx

Comments

  1. OUCH! Hope your foot is on the mend, and I am looking forward to your garden photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, glass and blood, not good at all. It sounds like you are getting a lot done in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch to the cut foot and hope it soon heals. It sounds like you have really gotten to grips with your garden. Well done.

    Now the pollen is over for another year, I am able to start tidying in mine again. The top of the yard was very overgrown as Keith's shoulder problem meant he couldn't use the slasher on it as usual. I got an hour's clearing in out there with my secateurs and just yanking out the biggest weeds but much more needs to be done before I am satisfied.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts