Just a quickie

A drop in that is.  Have been busy with the garden. Ever so slowly we are recovering it from the bramble patch it was.  Still a long way to go though but getting there at a snail's pace.

This afternoon we have been to the tip four times to get rid of the rubbish that we had put in the front garden.  I have an equal amount lined up still to go and before I go back out into the garden again for the next round I thought I would pop in just to let you know that all is well with my world at the present apart from being up to my eyes in work with restoring the garden to a garden instead of a wild life patch.  Part of me feels very guilty about this.  I shall show photos of before and after when I get the grot out of the way.

Whilst I have been working in the garden I have been accompanied by Mr and Mrs Blackbird.  I believe that they have a nest in what was once my old cherry tree as whilst I have been working I have heard the calls of the babies in the nest and the parents have been doing their best to distract me and lead me away from where their babies actually are.  The cherry tree is covered with Ivy.  Indeed there is an Ivy bed below it which needs sorting out.  I intend to pot up some hanging baskets with some of this and also some juveniles for next year's hanging baskets.

We have loads of this to extricate and also the garden is going to need digging.  Bet the birds come out in force for the worms then.






There has also been the very shy rare wild cat known as Demetri hiding underneath the bramble patch that I have been slogging away at.  I am not sure whether he was there to keep me company or just keep his beady eye on me.  He really is a Mummy's boy big softie that he is.  He is about 14 years of age.






My plants are still coming on wonderfully and I am hopeful tomorrow to be able to sort out the herb border and actually get my plants in situ where I need them to be.  The plants I am talking here are my herb plants and pre-boughten plants and not my self-set seeds which are also coming on a storm.

I have some long tubs which I intend to put some of my wild strawberries into and to pop them down the side of the shed.  Prior to me starting the seeds off ten days ago they were all tiny plantlets in the herb bed self-set so I have been watering and feeding them and they have grown quite a bit and as I want the herb bed as a herb bed that is why I am going to transplant them into tubs.

I have also sifted out some old compost of all the grot and mixed some chicken manure and also some new compost in to pots to grow some carrots, spinach etc.  I also have four Tayberry plants to pot up as well.  I will not get any fruit this year but next year might be a different matter.  I am also looking to take some cuttings off my grape vine to pop some plants further up the garden as well.

On top of all this the garden shed needs painting the fences need painting and the water barrels need setting up and sorting out.

I am also slowly getting rid of the boxes that were left in the garden into the house out of the way.

So a lot to do as usual. I am hoping OH will put up my washing line for me at the weekend as well which would be an absolute boon.

Right am off to do some more.  His lordship is snoring as is his partner in crime.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts