Nature is a wonderful thing

Where I live is not perhaps one of the most salubrious areas of Peterborough - it does back on to better areas but we are not too far away from nature and wildlife.  Even in our long gardens we get a mixture of different birds all vying for food and taking it in turns at the bird feeders in the next door neighbour's garden.

Where walk Missy of an evening is down by the river and there are a selection of trees edging the river and where a couple of cheeky residents have made their home.  Every so often if you are in the right place at the right time you are given a wonderful display of nature in action.  The other evening as we walking down by the river path something willowy caught my eye.  A little grey squirrel loping from one side of the pavement to the other and then quickly disappearing up one of the trees where we believe it has its dray.  We stood watching its antics for a little while and it appeared to be oblivious to us watching it and just got on with what it wanted to do.  Here are the photos  that OH took of this cheeky chappie.






There is also a Heron who has a particular stretch of the river that he tends to hang out in.  They always remind me of oversized formal gentlemen in full formal dress and yet when they move they are so graceful.  We regularly see this one although I was someway off where he was when I took the photos.





We have found that an evening walk helps destress us so that we can enjoy our evening relatively stress free.  Being outside with nature is a wonderful thing even though we are only observers.  Its just good to be outside in the fresh air.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. Wonderful squirrel photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hart. OH took these photos on his mobile. I did not have my phone with me at the time. We often see the squirrels going about their business as the walk we go on borders the river. He is a cheeky little chappie. Hope you are well. Kind regards Tricia xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely wildlife and I am glad you find the evening walks destress you both. I always get so much positivity from walking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB, we enjoy the evening walk it gives us chance to chat as well. I walk to think through things a lot of time. A leftover from my childhood I think as my Dad and my Granddad used to walk us everywhere. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts