Round and Round and Round we go

We that is OH and myself since he came home from work and I got home from my patchwork class have been in the garden working away trying to get rid of more rubbish and loading up the front garden again ready to go to the tip tomorrow.  It has been hard work and we have had to nip in a couple of times because of torrential rain.  This last time round we had decided to take Missy for her constitutional. WE had just pulled up to start the walk when the heavens opened up (that was about an hour ago) and since then the rain and thunderclaps have been continuing to circle.  It is starting to brighten up again so I am hoping that is the last of the rain for the time being and we will go out again in the garden to do more shortly.  However we are both hungry and are about to have meat onions and potatoes for tea.  Low key so that I can get on with the garden.  I do not like thunder at the best of times and am just hoping that it clears off pretty soon.

Meanwhile I am going to tuck into my tea.

I did however have a lovely morning with my friends and did a little more patchwork.  Cut the bits myself today and am learning from my mistakes.  I am hoping to have a play session during the week as I need to get to grips with my machine.  Found the quarter inch foot today for it and that has made things a lot easier.  Need to get a foot for quilting though.

Right my tea calls.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Good to hear that you are doing so well with the garden clearance, but a shame about rain stopping play!

    It sounds like you are really enjoying your patchwork. Do you go every week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB, its a once a month thing. Today we were joined by another friend (another girl who I used to work with) and we had a really lovely morning working away and yattering 19 to the dozen time went all too quickly and before we knew it, it was time to go home. Both my friends are very competent at patchwork whereas I am the complete novice and I am slow but I am starting to pick things up and work things out for myself. I really am enjoying it. As I said to the ladies I don't at present get time to actually play, which is going to change. I am hoping to sit and do some stitching sometime this week. I have a stack of things either part prepared or unfinished and it is time that they were out of the way. Once I have a little of that done and get more used to my machine I will have another play with the patchwork. And then the embroidery machine. I am itching to get on with that too. Hope you are feeling much better. Take care Tricia xxx

      Delete
  2. There's two feet you can use for quilting Patty - a walking foot will feed your fabric though equally top and bottom. Then theres a free motion quilting foot for free motion quilting - thats when you drop the feed dogs and make your own pattern up - Some quilting gloves are very handy for when you start fm quilting too, as they make it easier for your to move the fabric around - hope that helps - you may already have both of them with your machine - hope that helps xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trudie. It helps a lot. Thank you. it is the Walking Foot I need to buy (I could not remember the name of it when I did the original post). It did not come with the machine. I have the free motion quilting foot and I found my 1/4 inch foot which has made a heck of a difference on my sewing today. Very impressed. I have the quilting gloves as well. Just need the time to play. I swear I seem to have been busier than I have ever been even when I was working. Hope you are keeping well too. Take care and your help is much appreciated Pattypan xx

      Delete
    2. Patty,
      We're fine thank you - We very often say we don't how we found the time to go to work - I sometimes think retirement life is busier than working life because you never 'clock off' ☺☺ - by the way I managed to get a ticket to see Jenny Doann from the Missouri Star Quilt Company at the Festival of Quilts in 2 weeks time - it's a 2 hour workshop, so should be good - keep going with the garden, you're getting there and it must look so lovely already - have a good week xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts