Too hot to handle

No doubt it has been too hot for you too but when it is this hot it makes me feel physically ill and I retreat into the house.

There has been a lot of sowing going on in this heat and two days ago I set the next tranche of seeds and nearly all of them are through already.  I am possibly too late for some of the veggies but nothing ventured nothing gained.  So we will see how we go on.

My first tranche of seeds look like young adults compared to the tiny sprouting seedlings that are coming through.  I am going to have a lot of pricking out to do over the next few days or so.

My potting up is also going well and all the plants I retrieved from the undergrowth of the jungle are now starting to thrive and are looking a lot healthier.  I have been hand watering up until now with jugs and buckets but OH has sorted out the hosepipe for me so I am hoping to put that into action tomorrow.

We have also unleashed the barbecue and have had our first barbecue of the year which we both thoroughly enjoyed.  We cooked Chinese chicken, Lincolnshire sausages and fresh sweetcorn which was served with Coleslaw, Spicy Couscous, mixed lettuce leaves and honey mustard dressing and it went down very nicely thank you very much.  We had bought a selection of meats and so have another Barbie planned for tomorrow night.  We are trying not to go too OT with what we are cooking in an effort to save waste.  Unusually for me I finished off everything that I was given to eat and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed my tea.  We finished off with some slices of fresh pineapple which was lovely.

Fortunately it has cooled off a lot to what it has been with us having several rain showers today which was more than welcome.

I have some shopping to do tomorrow and I also need to buy some more seed  as I have some more seed sowing to carry out.  If it is cool enough I also have some more clearing to do in the garden.

Weather permitting it will be barbecue tea again tomorrow.

Right must dash.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts