Torrential Rain

Well on a positive note that is the watering up all done.  We have had lots of heavy rain overnight and it has not let up.  At one point we thought we would not be able to get out of the back gate but it seems to have sorted itself out.

So the rain although welcome on the gardening front has kind of put everything else I wanted to do on hold so I think it is going to have to be something household orientated that I have to do today.  I have a lot to do just am not quite sure what I am going to tackle.

Got OHs work clothing all sorted out yesterday as he needed clean for overtime today.  He starts early at 6am and so I was up and got everything sorted out for him first thing.  After he left for work I slipped back to bed for a delayed lay in.  Glad I did as I feel a bit brighter than I did then.

I have some more washing to do in any event so that will be on doing its thing whilst I do something else.

I do need to go to the shop to get some lightbulbs though we seem to have an episode of the bulbs giving out.  If I remember correctly the bulbs that have popped were all put in at a similar time before.  Unfortunately I did not get out today to get some so I am hoping OH will take me tomorrow probably to Dunhelm when he gets back from work.  I need the bulbs so that I can see what I am doing in the house.

I had hoped that OH would have been able to have put my washing line up but the weather has put paid to that for the time being maybe he will get round to it during the week if the weather clears up.  I have a load of washing to do and the stuff that needs sorting very much needs to be out on the line to dry.

As it has poured with rain all day long and after OH came home we have had a very low key afternoon just pottering occupied with our own interests so it has been quite cathartic just to chill.  As he has worked overtime both Saturday and Sunday that means he has not had a day off this week.  He may go fishing next week in which case he should get a bit of a break.

I cooked the piece of aged roast topside and it was lush.   I cooked it slowly on a bed of onions with a little water and some garlic and roasted at gas mark 3.  It was moist and tender and I served it with calabrese, cauliflower, peas, carrots, chopped kale, roast potatoes and individual Yorkshire puddings with lashings of gravy. It has gone down very nicely and we have both thoroughly enjoyed our tea.

I am not meeting anyone tomorrow so I have a day at home.  I need to do some pricking out on the seeds that I sowed the other day but I also need to make a start on the kitchen.  It is going to take a while to do but will be a job well done when it is finished.  It is deep clean time again. Seems to come round far too quickly.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts