A very busy day and a little trip to Aldi

I have been out for most of the day with a friend and it has been an extremely good day.  I have also met lots of new people which has been lovely.

When OH came home from work I asked him to take me to our newest Aldi store in Peterborough and had a quick look around there.  I spent quite a bit and re-stocked on meat predominantly for use over the next week or so.  I must say I was very pleased with the prices and intend when I do the main shop for the month to go back there.  Managed to save quite a bit.  However I need to have the freezers up and running before I go shopping so that could be a job for not this weekend but next weekend.  A good basic stock of ingredients.  The baking section seemed very reasonable so I shall definitely have a look there as well as in the freezers when I go again.  Once the freezers are up and running again I can get lots of stuff squirrelled away in readiness for use in the winter months and at Christmas.  I am going to work out a good basic essentials shopping list of stuff we use on a regular basis the bare necessities list shall we say.

Neither of us wanted much for tea today (I had had scampi and chips at dinner time) and OH had had something similar.  We therefore elected to have a sandwich each for tea.  He had cheese, ham and coleslaw and I had cheese and ham.  It went down a treat.

It has rained here for most of the evening torrential rain; I believe it is sweeping across the country so most of us have had it at one stage or another during the day.  Because it was raining I had to manhandle Demetri this evening to come in as he was not having any of it. He absolutely hates the rain but no way was he coming in voluntarily.  Of course I could not go and sit in the garden to get him in like I have been doing of late.  All of the cats have now been fed and are settled down for the evening in the warm.  OH is snoring as is his partner in crime whilst I am tip, tap, tapping at the computer writing this post.

I was very lucky this morning in that whilst I was getting ready to go out, I came across another ball of the turquoise wool that I am using to work my crochet blanket.  I had rather thought that I would have to go and source another ball to complete it.  I have therefore sat this evening and completed all the turquoise work on the squares.  I have worked eight squares this evening.  I now just have the border colour to work to complete 20 squares in all.  Then it will be a case of joining everything together and working several rows of a border but at least I am making progress little by little on this.  Once this is out of the way with and completed I shall start another one.  I am thinking reds and golds at the moment good colours for Christmas either to give as a Christmas pressie or indeed to keep at home for use ourselves.

I am now tired out so going to do a little more crochet before going to bed.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts