Blackberrying

I have walked Missy.  She is now completely crackered.  We have walked forever down by the river and have come away with some more finds and I have found a few new different paths I had not come across before.

I found more fir cones and they have joined the stack for decorations and also firelighters and just for the fire.

I have found more small larch cones.

I have located crab apples and sloes and more rowan and some more plums but they are not ready yet, yellow but far too hard.  I am going to need my reaching stick for this purpose.

Elderberries are not purple at the moment but have located some spots so I hope they colour up a bit more so that I can harvest.  I need to make elderberry jelly which is one of the ingredients I use when making my own sauce for rack of ribs.  Its also good with game and chicken.

I found an area by the river where a Swan had been and where the Swan had obviously had a major preen and clear out of feathers.  The feathers are pristine and I have bought them home with me.  They will come in useful for some decoration or another.

I have found more lichen twigs that were on the floor.

I found some pretty leaves which I have harvested and I am going to dry and press them.  They will then be used as a template for making some pretty homemade wrapping paper with the aid of some spray paint.

I have found loads more blackberries.  I will be going back to a certain area tonight to get some more when we walk Missy on her evening jaunt.

My hands are stained purple.  I had not realised just how long we had been out.  Over three hours but I really do enjoy these foraging sessions.  Yet again I am covered in goose grass bobbles.

There are plenty of blackberries to come where I am going but I want to explore a few more areas which will require OH to take me there. Possibly good for a Sunday afternoon jaunt.

I have to go out again shortly for an appointment.  Missy gets to go to sleep and rest whilst I am dealing with that.

After walking Missy later on it will be into the kitchen.  Time seems to get away from me so much these days.  I am not much keen on doing the kitchen but it oh so needs doing.  Perhaps that is why I have been evading it.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. We are well behind you on the Blackberry front, although I saw ripe ones on the way back from Birmingham yesterday. I can tell how much you enjoy your foraging and know you will have fun turning them into various things now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi BB, we appear to be a month further on than we should be whether it is the hot weather up-skittling everything I am not sure as the hips and haws have only just turned green. But the blackberries are well and truly producing. I am hoping to make syrup for pancakes, apple and blackberry jam, blackberry vinegar. I also want to make a couple of batches of blackberry and apple jelly and maybe some blackberry curd as well. Will see how things pan out. Hope you are keeping well xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts