Blackcurrants, Pears and Peaches

I love blackcurrants, especially if turned into home made Cassis.  I love these on a cheesecake and "Ribena" in cordial form although I have never made this.  I also intend to do some syrup for pancakes as well.  I might if I can find a good supply also bottle some in syrup for topping my cheesecakes in the winter months.  I might also freeze a few as well.  Will see what I can come up with.  I noticed that they had some in Waitrose the other day and as I am in town again today I may well see what they have and whether or not it is going to be a viable exercise.

I am also after some pears.  At the veg shop the other day they had some Fiorelli pears that are ideal for canning/bottling in syrup so I may well get a batch of those and do a bulk batch at the weekend as well.  I need to get some of these goodies onto the pantry shelf for use within the winter months.  I am starting to work out the kind of things I want on the pantry shelf.

I also love Peaches especially peach and chilli chutney which is yum.  However I also like five spice pickled peaches, canned peaches in syrup, peach jam.... the list goes on.  So I intend to do a few of these as well.

Hopefully as I said yesterday I will be able to forage first thing and get some blackberries preserved that will be first thing in the morning.  I will be meeting my friend later in the day for a much needed catch up so will have a look at the fruit in Waitrose on my way back.

Is there anything that you like to put up on your pantry shelves from the wild larder.

Catch you later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts