Foraged

Well I went for my early forage with Missy Moo - not sure she was keen on the second walk I think in retrospect it might have been too much for her but now she is snuggled up in her bed sprawled.  

Today Mother Nature has been bountiful in her gifts.  I found the Larch cones that I was looking for on the ground on twigs and singletons to be used on Christmas decorations and some of the Christmas garlands I have as well as packaging for Christmas presents and also Christmas cards.

I found fir cones which will be turned into Christmas Decorations and firelighters, and also for burning on a fire.  I have some friends who have proper fires so will be an extra gift for them come Christmas.

I also bought back a few lichen covered sticks also for use in Christmas decorations.

I found the first pick of blackberries - flavour not bad and maybe a little pippy but will be ideal for cordial, syrup or vinegar.  Not sure where I am going to start yet.

I found my Rowan berries, so some of those have also come home with me to make some Rowanberry jelly.

And my Prayers were answered as I found some cherry plums.  Bright yellow (more a Mirabelle I think).  The main part of the tree had already been cleared but these I found to the side and so I intend to make some Wild Cherry Plum jam for the winter months.

I shall go back for more blackberries another day.  Needless to say I have been pricked, stung by nettles and gathered a lot of Goosegrass bobbles in my venture.  Now to deball my old jacket and trainers which are covered in them.

So I am very chuffed with my finds.  Will do something with them later.  After something to eat I am off into the kitchen again to continue with the deep clean.  Unfortunately my friend is not well at the moment so our luncheon was postponed.  So my foray for blackcurrants, has not happened.  That has been relisted for another day as too much to do as usual. As the saying goes, "the best laid plans of mice and men"!

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts