Jobs to do 3

I have OH home this weekend.  He had volunteered to work overtime this weekend but unfortunately HR will not let him do as he needs to have two days off every fortnight at a weekend which apparently is Law.  So he will be home.  I therefore have a list of jobs that I would like him to do for me including putting up the posts for a new washing line and possibly some of the tasks lined up above.

I still have not got into the kitchen.  Tomorrow is D day where that is concerned.  After watering up the garden this evening it was a little too late to start.


We have had another lovely tea tonight baked potatoes done on the Barbie, barbecue pork steaks, Lincolnshire sausages, Spicy Couscous, salad leaves and a Shandy each.  Gone down very nicely.  The baked potatoes were lovely and served with plenty of butter.

Tomorrow it will be ham and chicken pie with something else probably some chips and some baked beans although this might change.

Sunday at the moment it will be lamb steaks, gravy and veggies.  Maybe even some mashed potato and a pudding of some sort.

I have picked more blackberries this evening.  Think there is about 1kg there from tonight.  Will give a tally up on quantities tomorrow.  Just going to dig the scales out and sort everything out.  I am hoping if the weather is good enough on Sunday to go blackberrying somewhere else.

Will be up early to commence some preserving before the kitchen or at least get things underway.  The blackberries I got this afternoon are ideal for some blackberry and apple jam although I am going to strain the seeds out as it will be too pippy and my teeth don't do too well with seeds these days. 


Another set of jobs for a fine day:

  • Paint the shed. Completed.
  • Paint the fences;
  • Paint the gate;
  • Strip and paint the stone shed door.  Completed.
  • Paint the wooden planters.
  • Paint the trellis in readiness for use. Part done.  Still more to do.
  • Put up the mock trellis arch into the main garden and to the side.  Think will have to order more trellis.
  • Source trellis for the low fence between us and next door then my vine can grow up it.

  • More clearing of garden.  Quite a big patch tidied up today and pots removed.  Now just have to get rid of the plague of Ivy and then dig this piece.
  • Get patio planned and sorted. WIP. Have consulted a gentleman for a quote.  He is to come shortly then it will be a matter of saving up.  We have the majority of the slabs.

  • Get/make a fire pit.
  • Dig the garden to get the veggies in.
  • Continue hands on work with growing of seeds and plants, nurturing and growing and then getting them in situ.  Quite a bit of potting up done this morning and organising suitable planters for the next batch of seeds.  Found some planters thought I had lost.  These when I have more compost will be having salad stuff in them.
  • Any spare seedlings/plants to friends.
Some of these will not get done in one day I do appreciate that but are what I call Fairweather jobs.  At least with a list I will be able to tick them off.


Catch you soon.


Pattypan


x

Comments

Popular Posts