Perfume

One of my weaknesses is a nice perfume. I find that if you smell nice you feel more confident and comfortable with yourself.
The first perfume I really remember is eau de cologne 4711 which is still available at Boots.  I remember my mum being brought some as a present as well as all the expensive gift sets the wives of my Dad's employer got every Christmas.  Really lovely ones as a thank you from the firm for supporting their men.

My first proper grown up perfume though was bought for me by my first boyfriend.  It was Wind Song by Prince Matchabelli.  I am not sure if you can even buy this now but it was a lovely light perfume.

Pure Silk by Yardley is one that was a favourite.  You can still buy this online though.  It is a gentle everyday perfume that I like.

Blue Grass by Elizabeth Arden is another long standing favourite - I have not seen this recently so not sure whether you can still get.  I assume so but have not come across it.


Nina Ricci L'air de Temps an absolute favourite.  Yet again do not see so often as used to.

I am fond of John Paul Gaultier Classique (original version) Dune by Christian Dior, Angel by Mugler, Kalvin Klein Eternity and CK1.  All expensive and occasionally bought as a Christmas by the OH.

However I also liked Bronnley perfumes the traditional ones like English Fern, Bluebell, Mysotis, Lily of the Valley and Lavender.  I also like their Hibiscus.

Penhaligons perfumes are also lovely.

I don't really know very much about perfume really in the greater scheme of things other than what I do and do not like.  My friend and I the other day were looking at the range of perfumes in M & S and we came upon some delightful perfumes by Fragonard which I understand is one of the oldest perfume companies still trading.  Apothecarie de Rose and Soleil are two of the perfumes that took my fancy when we were looking.  The Soleil reminded me of summer and when I get myself back into a job I will certainly be treating myself to one of their perfumes.  However for the time being they are going to have to stay on the shelf at the shop.

Fragrance and scent bring back so many memories but when you are down are an easy way of lifting the mood.  When the "Black Dog" arrives you need everything in your armoury to ward off an attack.  Smelling nice is one of those tools but some of the scents also speak of lovelier days to come.

What is your favourite perfume and does it link to a special memory.

Would love to hear from you.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. Scarcely wear them anymore-but I did love L'Air de Temps and Arpaige.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in my twenties I loved L'Air de temps, but have loved Muguet De Bois by Coty lily of the valley perfume, cologne since I was a teenager until now, at age 65. I only have a small amount left and they no longer sell it anywhere that I can find. I only wear it very occasionally. I think some of the ingredients they used to use in it are no longer available. I used to also love Chanel No 5, but the last time I bought it, either it wasn't the same or my body chemistry had changed. So I've never bought it again. Too expensive for it not to be as it originally was.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts