Sour note to an otherwise brilliant day

I have had a brilliant day out with my friend.  We have put the world to rights, talked nineteen to the dozen, eaten well and generally just enjoyed each other's company.

We went to the Antique Centre in Deeping St James.  I used to call here regularly when mum was alive and pop in to see what they had.

They had some lovely stuff again today and at reasonable prices.

We came across a dresser in rustic pine, which I and my friend thought came from a local shop that used to produce pine furniture.  They used to display all their furniture and indeed it was the premises where the furniture was manufactured known as The Granary in a village called Peakirk.  Indeed my dining room table and eight chairs comes from there as does my hi-fi unit, coffee tables and bookcase in the front room.  It is exactly the sort of dresser that I would want for the dream home x 2.  Realistically no room here but I did ask my friend to take a photo or two so that I had a visual of the type of dresser(s) that I was after.  (hopefully will follow shortly). Am after creating a visual scrap book of the type of things I am interested in.  Hopefully to manifest the dream.  Nothing ventured nothing gained.






There were a couple of other items that we were both interested in but the thing that really took my interest was the dresser.  It was lovely and sturdy with solid shelves and it was holding a lot of china inn the unit on display.

We came home the back way because of holdups on the main roads due to traffic improvements and to miss the bulk of the traffic.  Sadly we were pranged up the rear in her car on the way back home whilst we were stationary.  Her back is hurting and I am headachey and my shoulders hurt.  Fortunately my friend was in gear as we were feeding in to traffic on a roundabout (when the car was impacted jolting us forward took us both by surprise). Quite a bit of damage has been sustained to her car and his.  We do not think in retrospect that he was looking at what he was doing. 

This particular roundabout has been dreadfully impacted by roadworks which seem to be taking an age.  Because of the traffic and after taking details from the driver we then made it over the roundabout and pulled up the other side to collect ourselves for a few minutes before she brought me home.  It upset the two of us.  Shall see how we are in the morning.

Right am off to try and relax and keep comfy.

Take care.

Pattypan

x




Comments

  1. Soory about the prang. Such a frustrating end to a good day out. Hope you're both recovered soon, and the insurance gets sorted with minimum of hassle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela for your good wishes. Am a bit stiff today in upper shoulders and burning sensation in lower back where impact felt and have had a headache as well which seems to be loitering. Friend in same position.

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful dresser!! So much storage inside, and so pretty outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lefting. I was very taken with it and would fit in well with my existing furniture. Just timing out this time. Hope you are okay and keeping well. Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts