Today

Has been a tad busy.  I met with a friend and then on my way back I bumped into several people I knew and had a quick chat with each of them.  So quite a sociable day in any event.

OH when he is on earlies as he has been this week is home even earlier on a Friday which is what happened today.

I was not too sure what he wanted for tea and nor was he.  In the end I went and had a look in the Co-Op and managed to find some Sirloin steak two pieces for £1.50 so we have had that cut into fine strips as a sandwich between bread with fried onions and some Horseradish sauce on. Very tasty.  Helps make small pieces of meat go a little bit further.  We also did not want a big meal. 

I also found two packs of meatballs 12 for 68p a pack and so they are for dinner tomorrow with spaghetti and sauce.  So I did very well.

I have also bought 2kgs of apples today.  I have some preserves I want to make on the horizon and having the apples in the pantry is a start.  I shall see what they have at the veg store as well tomorrow.

We are under weather warnings for rain and wind at the moment.  It came over very rough with rain earlier on.  Thank goodness I had got my washing in.  Just hope everyone keeps safe.

I have all the cats safe in the house.

The only plus side with the rain is that I do not have to water up tonight.

Right have a lot to do.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. Our indoor cats are tucked up on chair in the kitchen, and the wind is now getting up (as forecast). Tomorrow's car boot sale has been abandoned and I'm not surprised. I am hoping to get to Bosworth Day down at St Peter's Church in town (it holds the tomb containing the body of Sir Rhys ap Thomas, who struck the fatal blow to Richard III . . .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts