A Little Project - Home Dried Fresh Thyme

Now is the time of year to put away herbs in readiness for the winter months that is if you have not been squirrelling them away already.  Thyme is one of the herbs I use a lot of and preferably fresh for me at least.  It is one of the natural antiseptic herbs.  Whenever I can I buy a fresh bunch. Any that I do not use, I strip off its branches after drying between tissue paper and then decant into a glass jar for storage over the winter months.  I love to buy it fresh as the smell is absolutely gorgeous and for me it has a real feel good factor.  I use it a lot in cooking with chicken, soups with veggies and in gravies. The beauty of this lovely herb is that it is usually dry within a couple of days this way on and without having to use electricity to get a lovely result. 

So it is not a complicated herb to dry.

Lemon thyme is fabulous too and I make a Lemon Thyme honey that is good for coating carrots and roasting them in the oven.  See separate post for this.

It is really worth doing little things like this for your pantry shelf; it really can make all the difference.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts