Countdown to Christmas 2019 - 96 Days to go - Homemade Decorations - Christmas stars



This post should have been entitled 100 days to Christmas but as I got side-tracked it is now Countdown  to Christmas 2019 and today is 96 days to Christmas Eve. The day when children (and bigger children) mostly all over the world get all excited about hanging their Christmas stockings in anticipation of being on the good list for a present or presents on Christmas Day but most of all celebrating the closeness of family and friends and finding the joy in life no matter what financial constraints there may be.  Most of all though celebrating love in its purest form and lighting the dark days of an English Winter.  Well here in the UK at least.  I know that each country has its own customs and availability of different items depends very much on what is around you where you live.
I thought this year that I would try and make some little bits and bobs earlier on than I usually do or at least leave a paper trail so that I can play when I have a few moments.  I had thought that I would do all the gluing and then all the painting and then the glitter in separate job lots so that the ornaments are created and finished in effect in a job lot. It is often the simplest things that bring the most pleasure and


I found this tutorial on the Country Living website for making ornaments out of wooden clothes pegs.  Given that time is at a premium and I still want to have a few new Christmas decorations in the house I was quite taken by this video tutorial.  I have pegs in house in any event.  However I love the simplicity of these especially when finished with some lovely glitter.  They would look fantastic in the front room windows with a candle arch.  Something I am thinking of doing.

Locally to where my OH used to live there was an artist who really used to go to town at Christmas and paint a full vintage seasonal scene every year.  It used to look wonderful especially as there was carefully chosen lighting to enhance the display.







There is the written information here for further information:



I love the charm of wooden decorations more than anything else and these will fit in very nicely with those ornaments I already have - I have several freestanding German wooden ornaments including musical Nutcrackers which come out every year without fail.

So time to get motivated.  I will be popping up links of things that I would like to do, in the run up to Christmas.  Sorry it is early folks, but this year I have a tight schedule and even if you don't make everything there will be ideas that will give a spin off or you will just have a go at making a certain something, even if not for this year at least you will have the information to make in the New Year for next Christmas.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts