Friend Panel Vintage Embroidery

This is one of the pieces that I bought last year from the United States that really talked to me.  It came rolled up unframed and it is a piece that I want OH to frame up for me.  I have a suitable pine frame to place it into but thought that I would share this lovely piece with you before it was framed.  I particularly like the verse.




It is destined to go in the Hallway together with my Desiderata and If panel pictures I just need to sort out a suitable mount for it.  It is worked on linen in fine wool and is a really beautiful piece.  Someone has put in a lot of time and effort in working it.

It is one of many vintage pieces that I have to get suitably framed.  The collection that I have acquired pleases me a lot.  Ideally I would like it in the "best room"/lounge but the wall in there faces direct into the sun and I do not want to put them where they will fade.  Will see what I can sort out.  However there is a lot of skilled and beautiful work in the pieces.  I also have some very detailed kits to work myself.  I am also hoping to get some of these out of the way with soon as well.  I really am getting the itch to get stuck in and create.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. What a lovely piece and as you say, so much hard work has gone into creating that. I hope that the postage from the States wasn't too horrific though! I hope you can get it framed and hung soon. This is too nice not to be on display.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts