Getting the urge to sew

I am desperate to get out the sewing machine and just sew.  I might take some time out on Thursday.  I am meeting a friend then so the day will be messed up a little bit so it might be a good thing to do something with the day with.  That is what I am planning on at the moment.

I aim to continue with the computer room/craft room tomorrow in any event so once it is tidied and everything is sorted out might be an ideal time for me to sit and play for a little bit.  Just want to do sewing at the moment.  I want to make some little bits and bobs as practice pieces and some little tiny bags for popping them into.  I am hoping that OH will be able to move a large box underneath the sewing desk so that I can get my sewing machine stuff underneath in some boxes so that I can easily access stuff.  I have three or four boxes of stuff associated with the machines but he does need to move that metal chest into the shed.  It is one of his tool boxes.  If I do go ahead with some practice pieces and then decide to make for Christmas presents etc. I will end up doing a bulk cutting out session and then a bulk sewing session for efficiency more than anything else.  I also want to play with some pre-cut patchwork squares that I bought last year and to start working them with a  view to making a quilt for my own bed. 

Now we are going into autumn, I will also resurrect my hand pieced hexie quilt.  Not that I have done a lot.  I have lots to keep me amused it is just getting to it.

Thursday night I shall return to the kitchen and really get stuck in there and then the bathroom.  Ideally I want to get them both sorted by Sunday if I can.  Then it will be the dining room and the stairs.  Even if it means being up earlier in the morning and later to bed at night.  Things needs to be sorted and done.


Tomorrow I shall be meeting a friend for our regular play day.  She is a brilliant friend and I am very lucky to have her in my life.  I believe that we are going to Stamford but I am never sure.  Our trips seem to be spontaneous so make things even more fun.  Stamford has a lot of good Charity shops, bric a brac and Antique shops.  It also has a lot of very individual shops, cafes and tea rooms.

In another life I quite fancy having a posh tea shop with traditional vintage crockery and furnishings, cake stands etc.  Now that does appeal.

I have not done anymore on my crochet blanket yet although nearly all the squares are worked.  It will be a matter of crocheting them together and then working the border.  I am looking forward to getting that one finished and out the way with.

Early start tomorrow and still things to do.

Catch you later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts