Its a slow old job

In the kitchen.  Taking far too long.  I am not getting on as quickly as I had hoped.

This evening we have had a piece of aged beef from Aldi that cost £5,99.  It was tender and flavourful and we shall be buying that again.  I served it with broccoli, carrot crush, cauliflower, peas, runner beans, potatoes and Yorkshire Pudding with lashings of gravy it has gone down extremely well.  There is still plenty of meat left for tomorrow as well.

It has been a quiet day in the greater scheme of things.  It is getting chillier.  I have had a lightweight jumper on today.

The dehydrator goes on tomorrow.  I have croutons, panko, ordinary breadcrumbs, celery, kale, spring onions and mixed veg to dry predominantly for use in soups but the bread also in the form of breadcrumbs, and croutons.  However I want the bread to be used in stuffings and also bread pudding in the longer term.

I have also bought six cucumbers to make some pickled cucumbers which is something I make every year.  In due course there will also be pickled beetroot, pickled eggs, pickled quail eggs, pickled onions and pickled shallots to do as well as pickled red cabbage. We do not like sauerkraut.  Before I get too stuck in on the preserving the house has to be sorted.

Now it is September my mind is turning to Christmas.  The Christmas cakes need to be made this month and put up as well as the Christmas puddings.  I want them put up and out the way with and I can then concentrate on other items to be squirrelled away.

I also have in mind to make some more jumbleberry jam which is good in cakes and on toast.  I will se how things go on and if need be I will just down tools make the preserve and then get back on with the housework again.

Right had better get a wriggle on tomorrow to prepare fpr and OH is on real earlies which means up at 6am.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. That sounds like a tasty meal. Good luck with all the pickles and dehydrating, but don't overdo it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. BB meal was delicious. Still not got to the preserving

    Will try not to overdo it x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts